Followers

Friday, November 27, 2015

The Stream

I am in a turkey coma so you get to swim in the stream with me this morning!!

We had a quiet Thanksgiving. We watched the Macy's Parade, took a long walk then headed to Cracker Barrel with friends, Barry and Sharon, to have Thanksgiving lunch. Kudos to Cracker Barrel. It was a good lunch and no left overs to tempt me today! Oh except for some of the pecan pie that sweet Barry bought and shared with us.  I enjoyed seeing everyone's Thanksgiving pictures online. One of the big plusses of Facebook is being able to see family and friends when you cannot be with them.

Pretty much all of my Christmas decor is out and I plan to spend today going to the grocery store and doing some cross stitch.  I might watch a Christmas movie or two as well.

I am still reading the Round Ringford Series by Ann Purser. Only two books to go to finish the delightful tale of the families of Round Ringford.   It really is so easy to escape the cares of the day to visit Jean and Foxy and their clan of children. Oh and don't forget to stop at Ivy's house for a piece of her perfect sponge cake if you can handle her acid tongue along with sweets and tea. You might want to drop by the village shop to chat with Peggy before stopping by the church for evensong. Can you tell I am besotted???

I also want to thank everyone for the pretty Thanksgiving cards I received this year. They looked so lovely on the buffet in the dining room. They will be placed in my Hat Box that holds many sweet notes, letters and cards I have received over the years.

Now that Thanksgiving is over I am planning on company Dec 6th. We are hosting a birthday party for Margaret(Dec 2) Elliott (Dec 5) and Ben, our oldest son whose birthday is on the 6th. I am making a caramel cake for him and Katy is bringing cupcakes for the kiddos. It will just be family. Margaret has requested Frozen plates and napkins. Elliott likes anything with cars so I am heading to the Party Store to see what I can find.

Charles sent us a cute picture of Audrey yesterday and informed us that she has two teeth coming in! One on top and one on the bottom! She was drooling and chewing the whole time they were here so we thought she might be working on some teethies.

Well I am off to the grocery store, hoping that the Black Friday Shoppers are home and in bed by now. Last year I made a Walmart run around lunch time and the store was practically empty. The cashier stated that all the shoppers had been there early!

Have a good Thanksgiving Weekend. We are pulling for Ga Tech and Bama to win their ball games tomorrow. Marvin and I are really enjoying this quiet long weekend!!

6 comments:

Terri D said...

We had a wonderful day and have plenty of leftovers, so no cooking today. I may do Italian tomorrow, to give us a break from the turkey and trimmings. You have a big birthday celebration coming up soon. My birthday is Dec 11th, so that is coming too! Have a wonderful weekend.

doodles n daydreams said...

I'm glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving, now you can relax and enjoy the weekend. I've been catching up on your posts and yes, that photo of the girl's is definitely a framer.

Diana

Arlene said...

Terri, Italian sounds yummy!! And an early Happy Birthday to you!! Some of the best people are born in the 12th month. Diana that picture just makes me happy each time I look at it. Getting one of my active boy grands is a little harder.

Gina said...

I am glad you had a lovely lunch! And no dishes to do!! I've only had pecan pie once before and I really enjoyed it. No one else in my family favors it so I've not had it since. Maybe I will try a slice next time I am in Cracker Barrel! Have a lovely evening!

Arlene said...

Gina, I love pecan pies and I must say that the Cracker Barrel Pecan Pie is delicious!!

Tif @ Bright on a Budget said...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, friend! I was one of the shoppers who were out, and I was exhausted. I'm thankful to have free babysitters this weekend, so I took an awesome nap:)