Followers

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Travel Tree

Well I caved and put up a small tree in our bedroom in addition to decorating the room for Christmas.  Baby Audrey is coming this weekend and since she will not be here for Christmas I want her to enjoy Nana's Christmas trees.

I decided to do a Travel Tree this year to showcase my ornaments from places we have visited on vacation. After 39 years of collecting ornaments, I have quite a few. In fact I have decided to pare down the ornaments on my tree, rotating them from year to year.

And here it is in the evening....I love Christmas tree lights!!

My white squirrel from Brevard. I got this one to remember my reunion with nursing school friends. As you may remember, Brevard is known for its white squirrels which are a breed and are not albinos. He is very cute isn't he?

From our trip to Montgomery's Alabama Shakespeare festival to see A Christmas Carol with Kendall last year. The Ghost of Christmas future.

From our trip to Biltmore last December...Biltmore at Christmas is amazing.

I had to add this one of us with Lee and Lanier at the Biltmore wine tasting. Lee did not taste any..that is why he looks sad and we all look happy.:) I will never be a wine lover..it just does not appeal to me.

A favorite from Santa Fe.

Minnesota...land of my dear husband's Grimm roots.

The Loveless Cafe in Nashville....reminds me of a wonderful meal there with our friends, The Wileys.

And who could forget our trip to the top of Sandia Mountain in New Mexico? With my little cable car I can always picture it!

There are quite a few other special ornaments but I will just share my favorites. I am enjoying the light of the Christmas tree as I sit in my favorite chair to write this post on a rainy Wednesday morning.

15 comments:

Heather said...

I love your tree! I would love to put our tree up, but my wonderful husband says we have to wait until after thanksgiving. I agree with him, but I love Christmas and all the decorations and am excited to decorate our apartment with new things this year. All we had last year was our tree. I think it is time for some new holiday decorations!

Arlene said...

Heather I usually do not decorate until after Christmas but as my dear one does not help me decorate, I told him I had to do a bit at a time this year. And I am rather liking it...not as stressful as feeling I have to get everything done in one day!!

Arlene said...

oops...after Thanksgiving!!lol

Linda said...

I will take down all of fall next Saturday afternoon - two days after Thanksgiving - and commence to decorating for Christmas first thing on Monday morning! I am cancelling all plans and activities until I 'Get 'R DONE!!!'
I keep white lights up year round but for Christmas I use a lot of colored ones because Louis Dean loves them so!
Your tree is so pretty and I love the travel theme!

Arlene said...

You go girl!! Linda, I usually wait but I just got in the spirit early this year!!lol

Mrs.T said...

What fun, Arlene!! Love the idea of collecting ornaments in your travels! The white squirrel ornament is adorable. And yes, I am with you on the glow of the tree lights. Love that. We put a tree in our bedroom too, with colored lights and we tend to leave it up all winter. It probably won't go up until early December, though.

Terri D said...

What a great idea for a collection, and a wonderful way to showcase your travels and fun memories! The tree looks great! We will decorate after Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for sharing, and I hope we get to see some photos of the little one with her first Christmas tree experience!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What a pretty tree Arlene! I too enjoy collecting ornaments from trips we have taken!

Arlene said...

Yes Ladies..there is just something about lights on a tree in winter that lifts the spirit! Terri, I cannot wait to see Audrey's reaction! Mrs T...that sounds so homey...I guess I could have a snow tree and a valentine tree in the bedroom!! Julie, it is fun to remember the trips as I see all these special ornaments.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

What a sweet thing to do for your grandchild. I am sure it will light up Audrey's face.

I love the idea of using ornaments of your travels. That is very unique and fun. Thank you for visiting me Arlene. It is so nice to meet you here on blogland.

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

Mari said...

Your tree is very pretty, and it's nice to see all those special ornaments.

Mildred said...

Sweet tree and such special ornaments. It will be fun to see the wonder in Audrey's eyes this year. We no longer decorate due to health, but my late mom had enough ornaments for 7 trees and we would start decorating early and just take our time and enjoy!

Arlene said...

Janet, thanks for dropping by to visit!! Mari, putting up a small tree is much easier than putting up a large one! I still have that ahead of me. Though the prelit trees do make it much easier than in the olden days.:) Mildred, I hope Audrey enjoys the tree..I am still debating about putting up the big one yet. Oh I bet those trees looked gorgeous!! If you have photos will you post them on your blog? Ornaments are one of my favorite things.

Gina said...

Arlene, you've put me in the mood for Christmas! Love the travel ornaments. Your little tree is chockfull of holiday spirit!

Arlene said...

Thanks Gina..it is quite cheery to turn on the lights early in the morning as I am visiting with my blog friends.