Followers

Monday, December 28, 2015

Back to Blogging

Even when I do not blog for just a few days I miss my routine of sharing with my blogging buddies.  We had a good Christmas but can you believe I did not take a single picture on Christmas afternoon with the kids were here? I am getting tired of using my phone for photos but I am hoping to pick up a battery for my DSL camera when we go to Huntsville tomorrow. We have plans to eat lunch, thanks to a gift card from Ben and Katy and then see Star Wars, thanks to Todd and Amelia.  I do have some pictures to share today thanks to others who were willing to get their cameras out and shoot!


The three Grimmlins on Christmas eve. Katy and Ben said it took many "takes" before getting this one.

Audrey with her great grandmother, Mrs Kim.  I love seeing the older and younger generations together.  I have some of Kendall and Landon on my phone so I will try to download them and post tomorrow.

And a few more from our weekend in Chatsworth...


It is seldom that we get all three of our Grimmlins together in one place.  Of course, I am squinting along with my mini me, Ben.  But this is a good Monet picture.( Looks better from far away!!).

And one of just me and Mar


Thanks to my sis for taking the last two.

So today I start putting things away. I hope to do a bit each day but once I get started I may just go for getting it all back in the attic. I am ready to have my house back in order.   I have some errands to run and there is supposed to be epic rain here again today. Christmas was a sad day for many in the Tennessee River Valley due to flooding.  El Nino has brought warmer temps but it has been wreaking havoc as well with this rain along with tornados.

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas. I am enjoying all the posts and pictures.

14 comments:

Debby said...

Taking pictures on Christmas is almost impossible. No one wants to pose. everyone is in motion. And you can have only so many of people opening gifts hah. But kids are always fun to take photos of. Your little grands are so cute.
Have a fun time today. (by Huntsville, you mean Alabama. My brother lives there) Hugs

Latane Barton said...

lovely pictures of a lovely family. My son who lives in Athens (near Huntsville) is visiting me for the holidays. I hear there has been a lot of flooding in Alabama.

Sandy said...

I love your pictures. It means we are really enjoying ourselves if we forget. It helps to have someone in the family committed to taking pictures. My mom is that person. Bless her heart.

Arlene Grimm said...

Debby, you are so right. I have so many pictures of children with wapping paper all over the floor. lol Latane it was awful in some areas. Many people had damage from water. We were supposed to get some ore rain today but it is not as bad as predicted. Sandy I am usually into picture taking but this year I was just tired I guess. Thankful my kids took some pics!!

Linda said...

You are all looking goods in the pics you did get to post! My sister from Alabama is in town and we are all having dinner at my sister, Anita's house on Wednesday. I'm not ready to start the take down process yet! Seems like I just got it all up!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Linda...I am sitting down for a minute after taking down the Christmas tree. I guess I am not as young as I used to be!lol... I am leaving out some snowmen for January.

Mrs.T said...

So nice to have you back, Arlene. Love the pics of the Grimmlins and that Audrey is such a doll. She looks like such a happy baby! Love the one of just you and Marvin, too.

Two of my elderly aunts (not related to one another -- one was the widow of my dad's brother and the other was my mom's youngest sister) passed away during Christmas week, so it looks like it could be a busy week ahead. I will leave my Christmas things up to enjoy for awhile longer.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas! I was going to take some pictures too, but then I got into all the celebrating and fun and completely forgot!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, I am so sorry to hear this. One of my last great aunts passed away recently as well. I have one left who is in her 90s and going strong! So my grands have a great great great aunt. Not many who do! Heather we did have a good Christmas. I got my cleaning and putting away done today and I was thinking about what 2016 might hold...praying it is a good year for all of us.

Gina said...

Arlene, Sometimes life is just to busy and enjoyable to take pictures. Love the grands so cute in front of the Christmas tree! And Audrey and Mrs Kim! And all you grownups looking good. :-)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Mildred said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful family pictures, Arlene. So many precious times and memories to treasure. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year. We have heavy rain tonight, but thankfully no damage.

Mari said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas and the photos you have are great!
I really like the name "Grimmlins" :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks sweet friends for all the lovely comments.