Followers

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Great Aunts Are GREAT

The other day we opened the front door to find a big package from Aunt Lanny. In it were several Matilda Jane outfits for Kendall, Margaret and Audrey. Kendall tried on her new clothes right away and told me that she wants to wear this dress for Christmas. She tried the dress on over her jeans and boots but hey, that look is cute too. Kendall said she would wear leggings under it. She is a fashionista like her mama. Nana needs Garanimals to make things match!! I am showing my age as Garanimals were clothes for toddlers and young children back when my kiddos were babes.  This line of clothing was made to match and mingle. Now days matchy matchy is so passe.

I look forward to giving Audrey and Margaret's clothes to them next weekend when we gather in Chatsworth for Christmas with the Tankersleys.

We love Aunt Lanny and we appreciate her thoughtfulness and her generosity. Kendall wrote a thank you note to Aunt Lanny right away. She used red and green markers for the note as it was a Christmas gift thank you note.  My grand girls are going to be styling this Christmas!!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

My daughter is also the Lovely Aunt and they are the icing on the cake. So glad the grand was taught to write thank you notes and love the red and green creativity.

Arlene Grimm said...

Barbara, I am the NOTE NAZI NANA...lol I am trying to pass on the finer things to the grands.

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute grandsweetie there! Your comment about Garanimals reminded me that when we watch movies from the 80s, I can't believe how much hair and curl was around in those days! Lol Although I miss those days somewhat, I'm glad fashions have changed, especially re. hair! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Mildred said...

That outfit is truly adorable! I am partial to Great Aunt's too since I am one! lol

Terri D said...

The dress is adorable and the model beyond lovely!! Aunt Lanny is indeed a very thoughtful (and fun) aunt!!

Linda said...

I love kids who love clothes for Christmas!!!! It's refreshing to get a thank you note these days!!! Good teaching!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you for your kind words ladies. I will pass them on to Kendall. She really is growing up on us!! She will be 10 in April but I can already see that she will be a beautiful teenager.