Followers

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happies

With the holidays come Happies. Little gifts that friends give you to make you Happy! I have received several recently and I wanted to share them with you.

My friend, Deborah gave me a cute package of holiday themed cocktail napkins. Everyone can use those at this time of the year. Two of my Titus Lady friends came me crosses for my Cross Wall. I will share the whole wall later. It is growing. We had a party here last night and the young ladies loved my cross wall. I explained to them that I was not being disrespectful of the cross but that it means so much to me that my God died for me. And Can It Be is my favorite hymn and my Cross Wall reminds me of the sacrifice Jesus made for me.


My friend, Terry, brought me this when we had lunch last week. I just love it. It sits on my kitchen counter next to pictures of special people.


My friend, Kathleen, made me a set of Christmas Coasters. Don't they look festive?


She also made me this little stocking ornament made from a Granny Square.


Friend Susan got me this beautiful cedar star that she found at a craft fair. It smells so good.


This lovely purse ornament was a gift from Sharon, who calls me the Purse Snob. She thought this one would be good enough for me!!

I love this time of the year....happies, cards in the mail and just an overall feeling of good cheer!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

A purse ornament. That is someone who has paid attention!

Mildred said...

I love all your happies! My mom had little purses for one of her Christmas trees. She also rec'd a perfume bottle shaped like a purse. Wishing you a nice day.

Latane Barton said...

You certainly have some wonderful (and giving) friends. I know you think of each one every time you see their gift. They are just making sure you don't forget them. hehe.

Arlene said...

Yes Ladies, my friends know me well!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Arlene, I especially like that cedar star and the purse ornament! I think the Cross wall is a wonderful thing to have in your home. It would mean the same to me. Blessings on the rest of your week. - Judy

Heather said...

I love them all! People are so thoughtful!

Arlene said...

Thank you Judy for understanding my love of the cross. Heather, I am truly blessed in the friend department.

Terri D said...

I love your description...Happies!! I need to start using that! You are so right that those little gifts really do make you happy! Thanks for showing us!!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Very festive indeed, and I also love the hymn, And Can It Be!

Arlene said...

Terri, I heard that phrase first from my sis in love, Lanier. I loved that description too!! I like to give Happies to my friends through out the year. Just a little something every now and then is good for the soul.

Leslie Anne, I have given instructions that ALL the verses are to be sung at my funeral.:) My favorite verse about the dungeon being filled with light, my chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose went forth and followed Thee is often left out!! I say that is my testimony verse.

Mrs.T said...

That's my favorite verse of And Can It Be? as well. And that little granny square stocking ornament brought back such memories. My great-aunt used to make those.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww Arlene, how sweet and fun to receive Christmas gifts from friends. I hope you enjoy everything and enjoy today and the weekend.
Julie xo