Followers

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Holly Jolly Shopping Day

Every year my friend, Diane, and I take a day to go Christmas Shopping. Two years ago we went to the Galleria in Nashville, last year we visited Franklin, Tennessee and this year we decided to make a short trip down the road to Cullman, Alabama. Cullman is a town in Alabama that was settled by Germans and every fall they celebrate Oktoberfest. It is a cute town with several tourist sites that are popular including the Ava Maria Grotto. I have never seen it but it is on my Bucket List!! I always navigate Cullman by keeping in sight of the large Catholic Church in town. Its spires can be seen all over town. For example I knew that the restaurant where we planned to have lunch was behind the Catholic Church. The Warehouse District is in front of the church. Hey, it works for me. I think it is neat to have a church as my GPS.

The Warehouse District is where we did our shopping yesterday. Every store along this street was decorated beautifully.


I am a traditionalist. I love red and green at Christmas.


And Snowflakes. These are about the only kind we get at Christmas in Alabama.


This chandelier was very impressive in person with all the silver and pearls on display...this photograph does not do it justice. There was eye candy everywhere!!


Diane and I snapped a selfie in front of the Christmas Tree. We both wore red, totally unplanned. We are that kind of friends...we think alike.


We always get an ornament to remember our day out together. This one went on my travel tree as soon as I got home!!

Today it is back to the real life of laundry and chores. I am hosting a Christmas party here at my house this evening. So its off to mop I go!!

10 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Arlene, you really hit home with your blog this morning, as far as I was concerned. I grew up and lived many years in Jasper which is about 35 miles sw of Cullman and I have many friends and have often shopped in Cullman so it was sort of like going back home to read of your exciting day yesterday. I now live in Va. so I don't get to Alabama often.

Sandy said...

Sounds like a perfectly fabulous day.

Mildred said...

You both look radiant in red; that's a great photo. I love to shop in stores like these. Love your ornament, too.

Arlene said...

Latane, north Alabama is one of the best places on earth but we are trying to keep it quiet so everyone doesn't move here.:) Sandy, Diane and I are ten years apart in age but we love so many of the same things that we never run out of things to talk about! Mildred, I love red. It is my favorite color and this selfie did turn out nice didn't it? My attempts are never this good.lol

Terri D said...

You are SO photogenic! Love the selfie of you and your dear friend. I think it is wonderful that this is an annual adventure for you two. The stores you showed to us are beautiful.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh Arlene, that sounds like so much fun! It must be a fun time Christmas shopping with your friend. Sounds like you are enjoying the holiday season. Wishing you a wonderful week.
Julie xo

Tif @ Bright on a Budget said...

What a fun day trip! That chandelier looks gorgeous! And I always get an ornament when I travel too:)

Tif
www.brightonabudget.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It does look like such fun! I wish it was me (this Diane) going with you! It's fun to do things with a friend. Hugs, Diane

Arlene said...

Ladies, yall are the sweetest blog friends ever!! Thanks for all the compliments. I might just get the big head! Oops I already have it!!

doodles n daydreams said...

Sounds like a fun day out. I'm hoping you've had some time off between shopping and hosting?
Have a lovely evening.

Diana