Followers

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Inexpensive Christmas Decor

If you are like me, you sometimes become overwhelmed with all the December bling you see on social media.  Some people are just great at decorating. I copy other's work.( And believe me when I say I NEVER did this in school, just in decorating).  So today I am copying Kelly at Talk of the House, which you can find on my blog roll. I have always liked Kelly's style. She is a lover of RED as I am and she takes ordinary things and kicks them up a notch.  Here is a simple idea I saw on her blog and for about $8 I made it happen at my house.


I found the Santa Mug at Cracker Barrel for $5.99. I am sure they are probably on sale now as Cracker Barrel starts marking down Christmas Decor in the weeks before Christmas. I liked this Santa mug because he looked like an old fashioned Santa. Candy Canes were $1 a box at Walmart. I got Peppermint and Cherry Candy Canes as  the Grands are not peppermint fans. Santa is sitting on my secretary and it makes me smile every time I look at it. Thanks for the inspiration Kelly!!

I have added a new blog to my blog roll, Magnolia Homes.  If you are a fan of Chip and Joanna Gaines on HGTV, you will want to check out their blog. Joanna is my favorite designer on HGTV these days. I like her style and her thought that you should buy things you will have in your home for years.  One of my friends here in Decatur had a chance to visit the Gaines business in Waco and she posted some great photos on Facebook. Now I want to plan a road trip to Waco! Who's with me?

I am off to have breakfast with Deborah this morning.  Mr Henry's makes some good gravy and biscuits and if you are from the south, you know that is a delicacy here!! Then I have some errands to do in Hartselle so I have a full day. I am hoping to finish up my Christmas shopping today so I can enjoy the rest of the Season.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love your little santa. He is so cute! I also love Chip and Joanna! I would love to go see their place in Texas someday.

Terri D said...

I've seen several decorating ideas using candy canes and they are all cute. I love your vintage-look Santa cup! Very cute! I love Chip and Joanna so will hope over to that blog for a look-see! Thanks for the link!

Arlene Grimm said...

Heather, I will pick you up after I stop and get Terri!!:) Wouldn't that be a fun road trip. I was in Cracker Barrel today and all their Christmas Decor is 40% off. I picked up a few last gifts there. No more Santas to be found but I did see a lot of Snow men mugs. Candy Canes would be cute in those as well.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have 3 little Santa mugs out on my counter but I still need to get some candy canes. I hope you've had a fun day! Hugs, Diane

Mari said...

I' a follower of Chip and Joanna too - love that look! I want to come along to Texas too. :) Actually I want Joanna to come a decorate my house!

Arlene Grimm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arlene Grimm said...

Diana, you have a Santa for several rooms!! I plan to get one or two more if I can find some like this one!! Mari, we will pick you up for sure! And having Joanna decorate my home would be a dream come true!! One reason I really like Joanna is that last year when my blog friend, Kara, was in the last stages of cancer, Joanna came to decorate Kara's home for the holidays. Wasn't that sweet?