Followers

Thursday, December 17, 2015

MOPs Ornament 2015

Every year our MOPs group makes a Christmas ornament. This year Tiffany came up with an ornament featuring a nativity scene. She used  wooden clothes pins for Mary and Joseph and the peg baby for Jesus. Well when I saw her idea, I asked if I could take home the star and peg baby to make an ornament using some peg people I had in my craft room.  With the permission of our MOPs craft lady, I put the star, twine and peg baby in my purse.

On Monday afternoon, I took some time to paint a peg Mary and Joseph. Baby Jesus is in his white swaddling clothes.  I took a round piece of wood and painted it yellow for a base for my ornament then added a white star. My thinking is the yellow piece is a halo around the blessed family.  I also added a bit of rafia to the bottom for hay and I was finished.  I just love the way it turned out.   I did learn that I should use my glue gun to glue the people to the base before painting their eyes. I had to re do Mary and Joseph's faces and eyes because a strand of glue smeared the black paint I used as their eyes. So if you do this project, paint everything and let it dry before gluing. I was impatient in my haste to get done so I had to lick my calf over as we say in North Georgia.

I think this is one of my favorite ornaments on the tree this year.

5 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

What a lovely tree ornament and more precious because you made it yourself.
Merry Christmas :)

Diana

Terri D said...

Well, you are so creative! That is precious!! I never would have thought to put it together like that. I can copy, but I can never come up with a good idea on my own. Love it.

Gina said...

So those are peg people! So adorable! You did a great job on them.

Mari said...

It turned out so cute! We made a little Mary, Joseph and Jesus in MOPS this month too. I think I'll have them on the blog on Monday or Tuesday so you'll have to stop by.

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love creating things...even simple things like this peg ornament. And as I said, I get impatient to see it done and then I have to start over.lol. When will I learn? Mari I look forward to seeing yall's MOPs ornament on Monday!!