Followers

Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Top Books of 2015

My reading goal for 2015 was 100 books! I felt I could do it and I am happy to say that I met my goal on Good Reads. Good Reads has really helped me to keep up with books I have read and it has also introduced me to books I might be interested in reading.  If you are a reader, it is a site well worth looking into in 2016.

I have listed my favorites with number one being the best!

1. A Man Called Ove
2. Go Set a Watchman
3.The Round Ringford Series by Ann Purser
4.Just Show Up
5.Re Jane
6.The Girl on the Train( soon to be a movie!)
7.Desire Lines
8.Pioneer Girl
9.An Appetite for Violets
10.The Best Yes
11.The Death of Santini
12. What Color is Monday?
13.Wild
14. The Day the World Came to Town
15. Orphan Train

I just picked up my first book for 2016...The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. It is the story of the women of Masada, the Jewish fortress of the early Christian Era.  This book is being made into a mini series for television. I believe it will be shown in the spring. I saw a documentary about it on the history channel and it made me curious about the book. I have read the first chapter and it is a book that seems to pull me in so I have high hopes for it.

Enjoy your last hours of 2015...we will spend New Years Eve cheering on the Crimson Tide! Go Bama!!

11 comments:

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

100 Books???? WOW!!!!!! So impressive. I'm going to hang on to your list as a guide for future reading.

Happy 2016 to you!

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, i made a decision to stop watching so much tv and read more. it was a good choice.

Latane Barton said...

I love your list. I am on Good Reads as well and you may know that my daughter and I have a book review blog. If not, it's on my sidebar listed as Springtime In Magnolia Book Club.

I love to read.... and I love Bama football. I am just waiting for 8 o'clock to roll around tonight so I can watch the bowl game. Then the championship!! WHOO HOO.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for telling me about the book review blog..I love to read what other readers think!! And ROLL TIDE!

Linda said...

Our sister and her husband was visiting us here in Texas the last few days. They left in the wee hours of this morning so they could get home in time to watch the game on TV!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Alabama fans are one of a kind, Linda.lol

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow!!! You did great! And I love Goodreads for keeping up with books and reviews. We like so many of the same books...so I'll write down some of these that I haven't read yet. I read 52 books this year and was proud of that. You did GREAT! KUDOS so you my friend. Happy new year! Hugs, Diane

Tori Leslie said...

Looks like a great list. I'm gonna take a look-see into them.
Happy New Year!

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, i am glad we are friends on Good Reads too!! Tori, I highly recommend The Best Yes by Lysa Terquerst. It is a great book on making wise choices. The ladies in your church might enjoy doing a study on it.

NAN said...

Hi, I am a reader too. I get up very early as you can see and go to bed early. At night I usually read an hour or two before the light does off. I read 127 books last year, a record since I started keeping track. I write a few things about each one and rate them according to my personal scale! I'm on Good Reads but never use it. My daughter is always after me to post there LOL- she worked briefly as a librarian and loves to read too. You and I have similar tastes since I read and liked 4 or 5 from your list. I just finished the first one of 2016 Crossing to Safety by my favorite author Wallace Stegner. It's an old book but somehow I missed it. I just put several new ones on hold at the library.I read the Dove Keepers but wasn't real fond of it. However, I love Alice Hoffman and her Marriage of Opposites was one of my favorite books of 2015. Enjoy.

Arlene Grimm said...

Nan, so happy to meet another reader!! I have loved books since I was a very little girl. I love to hear what other people are reading. Our library has a book group and it is just a time to tell everyone about the books you have read and enjoyed. I have found several good books from that way!! Both of my best friends are readers so we are always swapping books too! I am about half way through The Dovekeepers and I really like it. I enjoy books about the Jewish people. Tova Mirvis's The Ladies Auxiliary is another favorite. I have not read much by Alice Hoffman but now I want to read her books, starting with the one you mentioned!! I set my goal for 50 books on Good Reads this year. I know I can reach that one and I struggled to read 100 in 2015!