Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2015

O Christmas Tree


 The tree is up and a few gifts reside underneath. I was very pleased with my two bow topper. I do believe that two small bows are easier to work with than one big bow. And I am all about symmetry. I guess it is an oldest child thing....everything must be in order!  My favorite ornaments are the small frames that hold pictures of each of my grandchildren as they looked on their first Christmas. This year Miss Audrey is also on the tree. The grands love finding their photographs and talking about when they were babies.


Our tree sits by the secretary as I just do not like the way it looks in the front window. Since we live in a town house, our seating space is limited and moving all the chairs in the room is just awkward. If you look closely you will see one of the polish stars on the front of the tree. I did enjoy making these ornaments but they were time consuming!!  My book box for the grands is located under the secretary fold down.  Landon was home sick from school yesterday and he really enjoyed looking at all the books. Now that he is a reader, he enjoys being self sufficient in that area but I miss reading to him. Every now and then he still wants Nana to read to him so he is not too grown up yet.

It is the first Thursday of the month and that means Cracker Barrel for breakfast with the besties. I am hosting my Titus Ladies group here this afternoon and I will try to get some pictures for a post. We are having yummy goodies and a rowdy game of Dirty Santa. Everyone is bringing a wrapped ornament for this game. If you want to see nice Chrisian Ladies get steamed up, just steal an ornament that they wanted!! If you have ever played Dirty Santa you know what I am talking about!! Have a fun Thursday Blog Friends.


10 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww have a wonderful time with your friends today Arlene. I really love your pretty Christmas tree.

Sandy said...

Your tree is so pretty, and the bow is superb. I think the Christmas tree is the best part of Christmas decorating. Such memories wrapped up in them. I love that secretary with all the blue. Very pretty!
I have things up, but I have been running so that I have had no time to take any pictures. I went very simple this year, because we closed on Mama's townhouse yesterday. I am moving her in December. What were we thinking?! She is excited though. LOTS TO DO!!!

Arlene said...

Julie, I always enjoy seeing other's Christmas trees. Some of my friends have themes and some of us just go with all the ornaments gathered over a lifetime. Sandy, You are going to be busy with your sweet mama. I cannot wait to see her townhouse and how you all decorate it. You mentioned my blue and white. I just love blue and white...I use it in my kitchen as well along with a pop of Apple Green. My new Kitchen Aid mixer is Apple Green and it makes me happy each time I use it. I am trying to pare down the Christmas decor this year as well. Next year we hope to have our little farm house done so I will probably take some of my things from this house over there. Because you know I will have to decorate it for the seasons too!!

Terri D said...

Your tree is just beautiful!! I don't think trees have to be in front of a window. We don't even have a window in the front of the house for a Christmas tree. Ours is usually in a corner. Your book box is such a great idea. I wish we still had little ones because they make the holidays so much more fun! I also have little frame ornaments with Lauren and Tristan's pictures in them. We used to always hide the pickle ornament for the kids to look for and get an extra gift for finding it. That isn't even fun anymore...not kiddos to search. Sigh. I know you enjoy your little ones!! They grown up way too fast! Love the photos, and again - your tree is beautiful!

Debby said...

It looks like you have things under control. Your tree is pretty. Have fun with your besties.

Mildred said...

Arlene, Your tree is so pretty. How special to have the first Christmas photo frames of your grandchildren. I would love that box of Christmas books, too.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your friends today.

Arlene said...

Thanks Friends. We had a great time at Breakfast then my ladies group this afternoon. I will post pictures tomorrow. Tis the Season to be Jolly!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Beautiful tree and a fun sounding party!

Linda said...

Your tree is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't put mine in front of a window either!
Your game sounds like our Chines Christmas Tree. You are right. I can get UGLY!!

Arlene said...

Leslie Anne, the ladies were trying to be "Nice" at first but eventually it got dirty!! No one's feelings were hurt just good silly fun!! Linda, as I commented on your blog. I would love to walk through your house and see all your special touches.