Followers

Friday, December 18, 2015

Seeking


My devotion for Advent this week has been about Seeking Jesus....the Risen Lord who came as a baby in a manger and is coming again in power and glory.  Today's devotion suggested spending some time in prayer, preparing our hearts for this holiday that should remind us that Jesus is coming again.

I am taking tomorrow off to be with my family but I will be back on Monday, the Lord willing, as many people used to say.  Now that I think of it, that is an expression that is dying out because our culture has chosen to ignore God. Could that be why our country is in the mess we have today? Something to think about and pray about!!

Have a blessed weekend Friends...the countdown to Christmas begins today!!

7 comments:

Mildred said...

Christmas blessings to you and yours, dear friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Have a wonderful weekend! I have said, God willing and the creek don't rise. I actually heard someone else say that one day this week! Holiday hugs, Diane

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Have a beautiful weekend and all the days up to next Friday.
Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

Terri D said...

Enjoy your weekend! I agree with you! Christians need to speak up and be heard! We need to keep posting on social media and being smart with our votes! I pray daily that we can bring this great country back to God.

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Someone just told me that the saying, "If the good Lord's wiling and the creek don't rise" refers to the creek indians! I looked it up and found something that backs it up! Who knew?

Anyway, love the direction of your devotional. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with family.

Leslie Anne

Arlene Grimm said...

So thankful for Blog Friends who are sisters in Christ. Merry Christmas to each one of you!!

Gina said...

Arlene, thank you for the gentle reminder! I hope you have a wonderful "grand" weekend!