Followers

Friday, December 4, 2015

Titus Ladies Kick Off the Season

I have mentioned my Titus Ladies group here on the blog. They are such a great group of Ladies and I am glad our church committed to its Women's Ministry two years ago now. The leadership wanted the ladies ministry to make a difference at First Bible Church of Decatur.  As our church now has about 900 in attendance each Sunday morning, it is easy to feel isolated and alone if you do not have some connections. Marvin and I have been members there for almost 20 years now so we remember back when the church was small and we do have lots of friends. But for a newcomer to our church the size can be intimidating.  These small groups of ladies meet a need for fellowship and for spiritual growth and they are making a difference at FBC.

We decided our December meeting would just be a time of food, fun and fellowship. I snapped a few pictures of our group to share with you.

Elaine, Teddy and Nettie Beth. I think they are all smiling because we have not yet played Dirty Santa.

Kathleen and Andrea...

Me and my secret sister, Helen.

And so it begins...Dirty Santa!! Sharon had this pretty angel for a little while!! Sharon is often told she looks like Angela Lansbuty. I think it is the eyes!  Sharon and Barry are our friends and neighbors as they live up the street. Sharon is a nana who is on the go, helping her children who live out of state.

Andrea did get to keep her ornament!! Andrea comes to Titus Ladies at 3:30 after teaching first graders!! I sure admire her for that!!

Kathleen got to keep her ornament! She is a wife and mom. She cares for her husband who is a diabetic and has had lots of issues lately. She inspires me to be a better wife and mother.

Teddy got two ornaments...but they did not go home with her!! Teddy works full time and still makes time for Titus Ladies. Nettie Beth helps to care for her twin grandsons with muscular dystrophy. One of the grandsons is autistic and she has been a real encourager to me. Elaine who is in the top picture, gives a lot of time to young women in our community. She makes a difference in many lives.


Helen hopes she gets to keep this gift!! Helen teaches preschool as well as caring for her 90 year old mother in law. Helen's husband has COPD so she copes with that as well and in such a sweet manner. Each of these ladies mean so much to me and have taught me so much in the two years we have been meeting together. We missed our sweet Jarman who went to heaven this summer. She was the life of the party when she was at a meeting.

Friends are true blessings in our lives and I am so thankful that God orchestrated these groups, putting just the right ladies in each one!

4 comments:

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

What a beautiful group of loving and giving hearts! Glad you all have each other. You are right that belonging to a small group in a big church is important. Merry Christmas to you all!

Arlene said...

Thanks Leslie Anne....these ladies are true Titus Ladies!!

Terri D said...

What a wonderful group of friends you have! It looks like your December Christmas meeting was lots of fun! Some of my best friends are from my church women's group. A true blessing.

Arlene said...

Terri, I am surely blessed with some of the best friends! And sisters in Christ.