Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Saturday Thought


I have a busy Saturday so I thought I would leave this thought with you today!! I am a Biscuits and Gravy Girl and I have been one since I was a toddler. My mother had biscuits and gravy on the table every morning!  I realize it is a Southern Delicacy that many do not truly appreciate. My own husband who was reared in Savannah, Georgia had never eaten biscuits and gravy until he met me. He is a convert!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Marvin and I will be attending an open house in honor of the 25th wedding anniversary of my sister, Leta, and brother in law, Bruce.  That is a MILESTONE these days!!

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

When my kids were little, we really struggled. (my hubby was a high school teacher) and we had biscuits and gravy for dinner...often! lol Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

Gina said...

Arlene, I don't think I've had biscuits and gravy yet. What is the gravy made of? Does it have a meat base/stock to it?

Terri D said...

I LOVE biscuits and gravy, especially when the biscuits are light and fluffy and the gravy is full of chunky sausage! YUM!

Mrs.T said...

Sausage gravy & biscuits ... mm-mmm! I am a northern girl through and through (dare I admit it?) but sausage gravy and biscuits is definitely a meal!

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina, the gravy is a milk gravy. Some people add sausage bits to theirs but I love plain biscuits and gravy with some bacon or tenderloin on the side.

Heather said...

I love biscuits and gravy! I also have a husband whose mom is from Texas, so he also loves biscuits and gravy. What a perfect meal.

Arlene Grimm said...

Heather...Great Minds think alike!!

Linda said...

My very first memory involved sausage gravy!!! I was not even three years old but I still remember waking up and smelling coffee and the wonderful smell of gravy. I'm pretty sure we had biscuits to go with it!