Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Fun with the Grimmlins

We made it to Birmingham with no problems at all! We stopped at Krispy Kreme and Chic Fil A before heading to the Hoover Grimm Home. We left the KK donuts in the car until the grands ate their lunch. We always stop and get donuts when we visit the kiddos so now they expect us to bring a box.


Margaret took this photo of her mom and dad on their anniversary. Katy gets on to Ben because he does not smile in pictures so he was cheesin it up.  They went out for lunch and then just took some time to be by themselves. We enjoyed being with the children. Unfortunately the pictures I took of the boys did not turn out too well. But I did get one of Margaret and her new book, Pinkalicious.



While we were in Bham, the Ledlow Grands were in Gatlinburg with their dad and step mom.


Love Kendall's coral coat!!


Ready for sledding.

And Little Miss Audrey saw her first snow in Hotlanta.


I know I am biased but Audrey is the cutest baby....our littlest Grimmlin.

And today Ben and the children spent the afternoon with us while Katy and her sisters took their mom out for a birthday lunch. I had promised Margaret that we would make cookies. We made two kinds, GiGi's Oatmeal Cookies which are a favorite with Daddy and Grandpa, and chocolate chip cookies which are Aunt Mimi's favorite.


We had a good time baking together.


Don't you think she should have her own cooking show???


Grandpa says the cookies are DELICIOUS!

I am posting this tonight because Mr Elliott Grimmlin will be staying with us until Wednesday afternoon.  He is sound asleep right now and who knows what we will be up to tomorrow?

11 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful family

Terri D said...

You have such a lovely family. Margaret looks like she should be on TV with her own cookie show!! She is beyond adorable!! Love the pictures and thanks for sharing the fun with us!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Debby and Terri! WE had a wonderful weekend.

Latane Barton said...

You are such a great grandma.. I know they love to have you visit.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Latane....I try. I want them to have special memories. My memory of my Grandmother Henderson is grape Koolaid and Popcorn that she served us every time we went to her house. Even now when I catch a whiff of Grape Koolaid, I think of her.

Gina said...

I always love to hear about the Grimmlins! And pictures to boot! Margaret is such a good little hostess. I'm wishing that I had some of those cookies! Love the ribbons in Miss Margaret and Miss Audrey's hair!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Gina...you know us Southern Nanas insist on bows.lol. I found a big sale on bows the1 other day while shopping in Hartselle. 7 bows for $15. I could not resist. The cookies were really good too!

Mrs.T said...

Oh, what fun! I absolutely love Margaret's apron and she is such a wonderful little hostess as she offers the cookies to Grandpa. How fun that Audrey could see her first snow! She is the most adorable baby ... you are not biased, she truly is!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Your family should star in a shampoo commercial. Toothpaste on the side.
Just gorgeous and happy!

Mari said...

All those grands are so cute! Miss Margaret would make a great cooking show host - she's got the personality for it too!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, I must get Margaret an apron of her own. That pretty toile apron was a gift from Lanier to me many years ago and I just love it. Leslie Anne, Margaret has had that gorgeous hair since she was born but her mom and dad have good hair as well.lol Mari, she is a handful!! I have to say she is an expert egg cracker!!