Followers

Friday, January 8, 2016

I Love Picture Books


My sister, Kristi, is the keeper of many of our old family pictures. But I was so surprised and happy when she presented me with two family picture books as Christmas gifts.  I have never tried to make any of these books for myself because I know it is time consuming.  I placed the picture books on the Victrola in the Guest Room along with my canvas of Landon and Margaret.


This is the front cover...Mother and Daddy on their wedding day.

On their honeymoon in the Smoky Mountains.





The Three Sisters...I am the Big Sister and do not forget it.:)


My Daddy's parents and Grandparents.

In addition to a book about our immediate family, Kristi made a book of our Henderson Family for me.


Our patriarch, Daniel Henderson, my great great grandfather. He was killed early in the Civil War.



My mother's family.  Only the sisters are still living. My grandparents and my Uncle Mark have gone on to heaven.  My Aunt Joyce is just nine years older than I am and I loved having a "little" aunt.

I guess as we get older, these pictures become more precious and the memories that go along with them become more dear.  So thankful for these books that I can share with my grands and tell them about their heritage.

I am off to MOPs this morning. It is our first meeting of 2016 and I look forward to seeing all my "girls".

7 comments:

Sandy said...

What a present! I love this. I may have to do this for my kids as a pictorial history for them.

Arlene Grimm said...

I am going to have to learn how to do these Sandy. I would like to do a "five year' one for my grands. From birth to five years old. Kendall is showing signs of interest in genealogy!!

Terri D said...

I've done five of those books now. They are fun to work on and make great keepsakes. I may have to look into one with the old photos in it, and maybe the family tree. Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

Bonita Arlene, that book is precious! I love looking at old photographs. :-)

The girls have made me a couple of similar books. They are fun to look at.

Mari said...

That book is a treasure! I've done two for Alaina and one for Ruby. They are fun to work on. I'd love to do a genealogy book like yours.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Gina! I went back and edited out my birthday! Not that you don't know I am 60 but I always forget I need to be cautious with those things! Lol and Bonita gave me all sorts of problems! Never call a child by their middle name! My parents were going to call me Bonnie and then changed their minds!!! Mari I am going to try my hand at making these treasures! I think I can, I think I can!!!

Heather said...

I love those books. I have always loved genealogy and would love to have a genealogy book like that someday!