Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cousins

My sister, Kristi shared this picture on Facebook the other day. I do not have a copy of this photo so I was glad to get it.  Apparently it is Easter Sunday at my Tankersley Grandparents home.  And I guess they were trying to get a picture of all the granddaughters but little cousin, Dwayne, got in the picture as well. I am not sure about the dog...I do not remember it at all. My sister, Leta, is not in this picture because she had not been born yet.  I am the little girl in the back sporting the hat, which must have belonged to my cousin, Carolyn, who is the big girl standing next to me. Carolyn was two years older than me and I wanted to be just like her in every way!  As I look at this picture, it is sad to think that Carolyn, Kathy and Pam have gone on to be with the Lord but I know we will be reunited one day in heaven.

It is sweet to see little girls all dressed up for Easter. I would estimate that this picture was made in 1960 from the sizes of all of us. Now it seems the only time we get together as cousins is for funerals. To remedy this my sister, Kristi, is trying to organize a Cousin Day. I am hoping it works out for us to get together.

Today I plan to be at home working on a few projects on my to do list. One reason I like January is that I seem to get a burst of energy to take on tasks I have been putting off. I am proud to say I met my step goal on FitBit yesterday. I walked during the holidays but not as much as I should have so I am back to the old routine.

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet but it makes you feel sad too to be missing some of them. We have Easter photos very much like this one. It was always fun for all the cousins to get together...all dressed up too! Hugs, Diane

Sandy said...

Beautiful photo. I am taking a break already from my to do list:)

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Such a charming photo! I love when we would dress up for Easter, although I still get a new - or almost new dress every year for the special day. My cousins and I only see each other at sad funerals nowadays as well. So sad. I wish we lived closer.
Happy busy new year!

Terri D said...

I hope your Cousin Day works out! I blogged about my beach reunion, back in July. It was so great. I had a cousin, Peggy, who I looked up to and wanted to be just like her. She died a long time ago, now, much too young. It's important to get together with family for happy times. I look forward to hearing about your Cousin Day!!

Gina said...

I love looking at childhood pictures! I can see that you all had your hair curled! My mother would do that to ours too. Love all the Easter outfits. I'm sorry for your loss of your sweet cousins but it won't be too long until you are reunited. {{HUGS}}