Followers

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Nana's Wall

For several years the Nana Wall has looked like this...


The Canvas of Baylor did not really match the other photos of the Grands and Elliott and Audrey are no where in sight.

Charles and Nancy gave me a nice framed photo of two pictures of Audrey so that motivated me to get some new pictures of Baylor and Elliott.  I got busy on my Iphoto and found two photos that I had printed in 8 by 10 size. Then while shopping at Ross I found the perfect frames on sale.

Now my wall looks like this!


Now I can remember all my grands as babies! I like the mix of different styles and poses in this gallery. And a note to grandmothers...when Kendall was born we went a bit overboard on the formal pictures. Remember you will have other grandchildren so dial back just a bit or your younger grands will think Nana liked Number One the best!lol.  When Kendall was born I had this portrait framed and it hung in my dining room at my former home.

This is my first project of 2016. Now I am gathering frames for the family pictures we had made at the farm at Christmas.  I am still considering where I will hang those.  The pictures of the children in the okra patch will be hung in Nana's room so she can see them every day.  Kendall will be ten years old in April. Cherish the moments Nanas....they pass too quickly.

9 comments:

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

As the #1 grandchild on one side of the family, I believe you should shower the first one with whatever they want!!!

Your wall looks great, and I just came across some frames that I need to get some photos of my own children in. I've been saving them forever trying to think of the right photos to use. I love all those baby photos and you've inspired me to get busy.

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, I was the first born grand on one side of the family and I admit, I was pretty spoiled. Kendall will always be the one we learned on!! I tend to have pictures lying around much too long before framing them so I am trying to be on the ball in 2016.

Terri D said...

The years do indeed pass quickly! I love how you have re-done your photo wall. Looks fantastic.

Gina said...

Oh such sweet photographs! I need a nana wall!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Terri...now if I can get the other project done!! And Gina, Yes you do!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow, that is so true. They grow up so fast. I had all my grands in three nice rectangular white frames, each having three sections, and then others came into the family! I need to get back to the store and update my wall!

Thank you for commenting today. I am sorry too, to see the level of disrespect shown out there. It's everywhere.

Mari said...

It looks so nice! I know how it is with the first grandbaby too, and it's hard not to do it!

Arlene Grimm said...

Judy, it is so hard to "keep current" in the grand department isn't it? Mari, now you have sweet Ruby to keep you balanced.lol...I remember that I bought every new thing that came down the pike for Kendall.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Love all the photos! My mom does the same thing too! Have a nice end of the week and weekend. Julie