Followers

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Thought


Another Saturday Thought that I found at LizCurtisHiggs.com.   Last Saturday there was snow on the ground. Today it is supposed to be 61 and Tuesday we are in for some severe weather. Such is life in the South...you never get bored with the weather!!

I love Saturdays! Marvin and I sleep in. Hey when you are our age, 8 am is sleeping in! We eat a leisurely breakfast and today is one of those Saturdays when I have nothing to do except read and cross stitch. I do have an errand to run in Hartselle but I have to wait until the stores open so I have some free morning time. Next Saturday we will be on the road to Memphis to attend a baby shower for our nephew, Jeff and his wife, Sarah. So I am enjoying today!!

I have some very good news this morning. Ben and Katy have a contract on their townhome here in Decatur. Closing is set for March 11th. Would you pray with me that all goes smoothly to closing. It would be such a burden lifted for them and for Mom who worries over her children!

And do not forget to come visit Nanaland on Monday. The first day of February will bring my first of the month give away. It is RED for Valentine's Day.  All you have to do is leave a comment and I will draw the winning name on Wednesday.

Have a good weekend dear friends!!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I like Liz Curtis Higgs!
A quiet Saturday sounds wonderful. :)

doodles n daydreams said...

We like to sleep in on a Saturday as well, sometimes later than 8 o'clock but not often. Sounds like you had a good day planned. We spent ours driving up to Fruitlands and buying some stone fruit for the family. An all day trip.
enjoy your baby shower and have a good weekend.

Diana

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, Liz shares some of the most encouraging scripture/pictures. I love them. Diana I hope you post some pictures of your outing so I can enjoy your trip!!

Betsy Brock said...

The best part of Saturday is not having to be up at a certain time. I often sleep late....feels so good! Thanks for visiting my blog...now I get to visit you! :)