Followers

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Silver Anniversary

My baby sister, Leta, and her husband, Bruce, celebrated 25 years of marriage on December 29th, 2015.  They had a small ceremony at my sister, Kristi's home and later held a reception at our home church in January.  With that in mind, January seemed a good time to celebrate their silver anniversary, so we celebrated on Saturday.

By the time I arrived there, Kristi, Laura and Leta had done most of the work in decorating and food preparation. Leta has taught for almost 30 years in Whitfield and Murray County while Bruce has been a sheriff's deputy in Whitfield County so they both have lots of friends in both counties. The reception was held at their church, Free Hope Baptist. And I have to say they should know they are much loved because the church fellowship hall was full all afternoon.


The sign in table held pictures from their wedding as well as their engagement announcement and a Precious Moments cross stitch. I did not do this one, I think sister, Kristi may have stitched the sampler.


Leta is an avid scrapbooker so she decided to have the quests sign in on scrap book paper that could be added to her album.


I thought the Thank You For Coming cards were perfect. And guests could help themselves to silver hugs and kisses.


They will be eating cake for days to come!! Leta said she would take the left overs to her school today.


Still smiling after all these years.


Laura said that Mom and Dad have been married 25 years and all they have to show for it is me.  Laura is their miracle baby...they struggled with infertility.  Leta had given up all the shots etc and told God, If you want me to have a baby, I will trust YOU to give me one or I will learn to be happy in my circumstances.  Leta was four or five months pregnant before she realized it!!  We are all thankful for the blessing that is Laura.


Laura photobombed Aunt Kristi's picture.


I had to share this picture of the oldest member of our family holding the youngest member, Liam. This lovely lady is my great aunt, Kathryn. She was my grandmother's baby sister. In her 90s she is still doing well and I aspire to be like her if I make it to 90. Not many babies have a great great great aunt. Liam is a blessed baby boy.  Liam is the grandson of my late cousin, Pam, who passed away in 2014. He is a sweetie pie and was loved on by everyone. I told his mom, Misty, that I had left lipstick marks on him. She said that reminded her of her mom who wore dark lipstick too and she knew if Mama had been living, Liam would have lipstick all over him.  It is nice to remember those who have gone on with smiles instead of tears.

It was a good trip house wise for me and Marvin. We think we finally have a house plan that will work on the site and we have approval for our septic system placement. Maybe in a month or so we will have the beginnings of a little cabin in the sorta big woods.

11 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I loved hearing about the anniversary party. It certainly was a nice one and you filled your post with lots of sweet memories and current things. That baby is just precious...

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Latane! It was a sweet family day!

Sandy said...

What a great weekend with family.

Linda said...

What a wonderful celebration! I like be hearing family stories!
I wa 7 months pregnant with my daughter, Amber, at my 25th anniversary. I, too, struggled with infertility.
Amber and then Benjamin who came three years later are the children of my old age!

Mrs.T said...

How nice, Arlene! Thank you for sharing your extended family with us! And how exciting that things are moving forward with your house plans and property! That septic approval is a biggie and it's so nice you now have that taken care of.

Gina said...

Congratulations to such a sweet couple, Arlene! Their daughter is a true gift from God! Love all the decor and oh gosh that cake is HUGE!

PS what flavor was it?

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you for the sweet comments. Gina the cake was vanilla with vanilla icing. I know Leta's teacher friends will be enjoying cake today!! There were so many yummy things to eat that people were full by the time they got a piece of cake.:)

Terri D said...

Good news about the septic placement and the plans!! Thanks for taking us along on your new home journey!! Great photos of your sister's anniversary party! How wonderful!

Mari said...

It looks like such a nice party! I enjoyed the pictures.
Glad you have a house plan - looking forward to seeing the next steps.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I think the journey to our little house is going to be longer than I had thought it would be!! We are in no hurry however. Mari the plan we chose is called The Pathfinder. It is 832 square feet with two bedrooms, one bath and a nice fireplace along with the perfect front porch. I was determined we would have a fireplace!

Mrs.T said...

I would be determined to have a fireplace and a front porch too, Arlene! Sounds perfect!