Followers

Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Stream

I am up bright and early, ready to go and have breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the BFFs. So I am in a very good mood today. Jump in the stream with me and lets go for a swim.

1. So thankful for good neighbors. My pilot light went out on the logs on the coldest days of the year. But thanks to Barry and Tom, the logs are back up. Tom worked for the gas company for many years and he was so helpful in showing me some things about my gas logs. We did not get an owners manual with our fireplace so I was pretty clueless. I now know that I need to do some basic chores each fall before turning the logs back on. Vacuum out the fireplace and vents, make sure the pilot light is dust free. He took a drinking straw and blew on the pilot light before restarting it! Who knew? I was going to buy a can of air to blow it with!) He said that is an old trick that he could not share as a gas company employee for fear of litigation! So today when I am at CB, I am going to buy a bag of Cracker Barrel coffee for each of these good neighbors to say thank you.

2. I finally got my new camera battery in the mail. I did a happy dance. My phone camera is ok but my DSL is much better at taking photos for my blog.

3. I am wearing Leggings today. My MOPs moms have been on to me about taking a step forward in fashion. I truly did not want to look like an old lady trying to be a teenager.  I bought a pair of the Walmart jeggings.(jean leggings) I chose this brand because it was inexpensive and I wanted to do a trial run before spending money on something I might not wear. I must say that they are very comfy and with a long top on they do make me look skinnier and I am all for that. I have lost some weight and I have toned up with my walking otherwise I would never have taken a chance on a new fashion choice. One of my sweet MOPs moms brought me a LuluRoe short sleeve tunic as a hostess gift for our MOPs Christmas party and when it is a bit warmer I will be wearing it with my leggings.  I love my MOPs moms and look forward to seeing them tomorrow morning.

4. I mailed off the Wet it to Tif at Bright on a Button. She is another blogger who has helped me step out in fashion. She posts lots of style ideas and my red and black buffalo shirt purchase was due to her influence.

5. After seeing the latest Star Wars movie in the theater, Marvin and I have started watching all the Star Wars movies from the prequels. He used some of his Christmas money to buy the two sets. We watched the first one last night. It is hard to believe that sweet little Anakin Skywalker grows up to go to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader.

6. An update on our little farm house...we are still deciding on the size and the location. The site we are hoping to build on is making us rethink the size of the house. It looks like it will have to be smaller to fit the site. Building is not an easy task and we want to make sure we make the correct choices now.  It has been very wet due to all the rain so I am hoping for a start time of late spring or early summer. That is our goal but we are finding out that there are a lot of things to consider for long term success.

 I am off to Cracker Barrel. I will be sitting by the big fire eating pancakes! Wish you all could join me.


15 comments:

Sandy said...

You must share of a photo of the leggings. My daughter is always after me to make sure I don't dress like an old lady. It is hard to still look young and hip, yet, still not look like a teenager or someone not acting like their age.
Building a house is a very big task. It seems like it takes forever, but it will be started before you know it.
I am actually going to tackle my closet today as I have lost 20. Still have 15, but it is coming right along.

Heather said...

Building is a huge task. I know you will make all the best choices and find the perfect spot!
I love Cracker Barrel. It is my favorite restaurant. I am so jealous of your breakfast this morning! Enjoy and have a great day!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy..I only paid 13$ for jeggings at Walmart. And they are very comfortable. I would not wear them without a long tunic however. I am not that brave.lol Like you, I want to be fashionable but modest. Heather there was a big old fire in the fireplace this morning. And I picked up some jewelry that was on sale!!

Barbara said...

I guess I need to at least try the leggings so I can say I look too awful to go out in public. On the other hand, I may take one look and say it's off to walking for you young lady and tighten up those jiggly legs.

Arlene Grimm said...

I was very dubious Barbara but I was surprised. I think they actually make you look thinner.

Terri D said...

Leggings look SO comfortable, but I need to lose a whole bunch of weight before I can try them. I'm sure you look fabulous in yours! I know you had fun at Cracker Barrel and it is great to have such good neighbors. We are blessed also!

Mari said...

Like Terri, I need to lose weight before I wear leggings! I bet you look cute though - share a picture please!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

#5 . . . I have a sweet teenage boy and there are definitely days I think he could switch to the Dark Side. Darth Vader's Mom should have beat the ever-livin' daylights out of that kid. And kept him from wearing so much black.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri and Mari...I am not so great at selfies so will have to get Hubs to take a picture. The jean leggings are very forgiving , the knit ones are more revealing. I definitely need long tunics or dresses with those. Leslie Anne, I hope your boy evades the Dark Side. I am sure as a good Southern Mama you would slap the darkness out of him. LOL..Just kidding for anyone who thinks I am serious!

Gina said...

Arlene, I will have to check out the jean leggings. I'm all for forgiveness! :-)

I've been meaning to go to Cracker Barrel. I wonder if there are any clearance Christmas decorations left?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you've had a wonderful day. I have some leggings but I haven't been able to figure out a top to go with them. I guess I need to look some more. Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...


Gina, our CB had a few Christmas things left as well as some fall things. I did buy a pretty necklace that was 80% off. Diane...just look for a tunic top...or a long sweater.

Mrs.T said...

Ohhhh ... Cracker Barrel, eating pancakes by the fire! How I envy you having a Cracker Barrel in your town! As I've mentioned before, we only have one in our entire state. We do go there occasionally and I love it when it's cold or rainy and the fire is going in the fireplace. So cozy.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T I wish we could sit by that fire together and visit over breakfast! Maybe one day!!

Mrs.T said...

Oh, wouldn't that be so nice, Arlene? We can dream!