I am up bright and early, ready to go and have breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the BFFs. So I am in a very good mood today. Jump in the stream with me and lets go for a swim.
1. So thankful for good neighbors. My pilot light went out on the logs on the coldest days of the year. But thanks to Barry and Tom, the logs are back up. Tom worked for the gas company for many years and he was so helpful in showing me some things about my gas logs. We did not get an owners manual with our fireplace so I was pretty clueless. I now know that I need to do some basic chores each fall before turning the logs back on. Vacuum out the fireplace and vents, make sure the pilot light is dust free. He took a drinking straw and blew on the pilot light before restarting it! Who knew? I was going to buy a can of air to blow it with!) He said that is an old trick that he could not share as a gas company employee for fear of litigation! So today when I am at CB, I am going to buy a bag of Cracker Barrel coffee for each of these good neighbors to say thank you.
2. I finally got my new camera battery in the mail. I did a happy dance. My phone camera is ok but my DSL is much better at taking photos for my blog.
3. I am wearing Leggings today. My MOPs moms have been on to me about taking a step forward in fashion. I truly did not want to look like an old lady trying to be a teenager. I bought a pair of the Walmart jeggings.(jean leggings) I chose this brand because it was inexpensive and I wanted to do a trial run before spending money on something I might not wear. I must say that they are very comfy and with a long top on they do make me look skinnier and I am all for that. I have lost some weight and I have toned up with my walking otherwise I would never have taken a chance on a new fashion choice. One of my sweet MOPs moms brought me a LuluRoe short sleeve tunic as a hostess gift for our MOPs Christmas party and when it is a bit warmer I will be wearing it with my leggings. I love my MOPs moms and look forward to seeing them tomorrow morning.
4. I mailed off the Wet it to Tif at Bright on a Button. She is another blogger who has helped me step out in fashion. She posts lots of style ideas and my red and black buffalo shirt purchase was due to her influence.
5. After seeing the latest Star Wars movie in the theater, Marvin and I have started watching all the Star Wars movies from the prequels. He used some of his Christmas money to buy the two sets. We watched the first one last night. It is hard to believe that sweet little Anakin Skywalker grows up to go to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader.
6. An update on our little farm house...we are still deciding on the size and the location. The site we are hoping to build on is making us rethink the size of the house. It looks like it will have to be smaller to fit the site. Building is not an easy task and we want to make sure we make the correct choices now. It has been very wet due to all the rain so I am hoping for a start time of late spring or early summer. That is our goal but we are finding out that there are a lot of things to consider for long term success.
I am off to Cracker Barrel. I will be sitting by the big fire eating pancakes! Wish you all could join me.