Followers

Friday, January 22, 2016

Winter


Well I guess I picked up my latest sampler from the framer just on time.  This is Winter by Prairie Schooler and how true it is!! The Winter Wind will chill and bite today as this big storm comes in this afternoon. We are at the edge of the Snowpocolypse so we are not sure if we will get any snow at all but the schools are dismissing early and I am sure the milk and bread shelves are empty at the grocery store. I plan to do my shopping after I drop Kendall and Landon off at school so I hope I can grab  a few supplies!

We are supposed to go to Birminghan tomorrow to babysit the Grimmlins so Ben and Katy can go out for their anniversary. I am hoping this is much ado about nothing in our case as I have not seen the grands in a while and I need some hugs and kisses.  I have my Nana Bag filled with treats for my darlins and in  case you are wondering it is a thirtyone tote bag so it holds a lot!

I will be praying for my blog friends who will be affected by this winter storm. Stay safe!!


12 comments:

Sandy said...

I hope it is a big deal about nothing as well. LOVE the cross stitch piece!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Sandy but the way it is raining here right now, if that cold front moves in earlier we might get some snow. But i have a free day at home alone and I am going to enjoy it.

Barbara said...

The sampler is gorgeous. I don't know how you find the time. I hope you get to see the grands. I know I'm needing a fix myself.

Terri D said...

I love your sampler! Hope the snow and ice stay away and you get to enjoy your day with the kiddos tomorrow! Be safe though, and take care!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Well the snow is coming down now...maybe it will just be a dusting. Thanks for your sweet compliments. I see some stitching in my future this afternoon.

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

Well, I'm smack-dab in the middle of Snowmageddon right now.lol I love that sampler and hope you get to see the Grimmlins (such a cute word play!).

Tif
www.brightonabudget.com

Arlene Grimm said...

Tif I have to give credit to Grimmlins to my sweet late mother in law. She always addressed mail to my kids as The Grimmlins. I loved it!! You stay safe and warm.

Mari said...

Nice Sampler!
We're supposed to get a lot of snow this weekend. We'll see!
PS - I love the Grimmlins too.

Cranberry Morning said...

That's such a pretty sampler. I love all the red bits. Hope your day is good and that bad weather passes you by. But it sure is affecting a lot of people.

Tori Leslie said...

I love your sampler, beautiful!! Have a good time witg the "gremmlins".

Tori Leslie said...

I love your sampler, beautiful!! Have a good time witg the "gremmlins".

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies....I just love seeing something appear as I stitch away. I used to put my initials and the year on each piece I did but got out of the habit. I think I need to start that back! I switched up this pattern to add my initials and the year in the sampler. We just got a bit of snow. So glad!!