Followers

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Around the House

I have been trying to get some things done around the house. One major project was framing the family photos we took in Chatsworth at Christmas. I finally got the pictures of my children and their family's framed and hung.


I put them in my bedroom so that I can see them each day. Now I am working on framing my grands photos...the ones made in my mother's okra patch! I just cannot make up my mind as to where to put them.  I have made a family gallery on the back stairs going to the man cave/ grands playroom but I am proud of these pictures and I do not want them hidden there. So I sit and ponder....

While I am pondering, I am working on this...


It is fun to stitch with some sunny colors!

And Katy sent me this picture of Baylor...


Oh how we love this beautiful boy.  Looks like Mom was able to give him a hair cut.  That is a major challenge when you have a child on the spectrum.

It is Thursday and that means Friend Day. I am off to get a hair cut myself before meeting the BFFs at O Charleys.  I have a stop at the library planned for the day as well.  The warm weather we have been promised is slow in arriving...maybe today!!

14 comments:

Karen said...

The photo of Baylor is really beautiful! Enjoy your day! The sun is finally out and warmer weather is here in southern Indiana!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Have a wonderful day with your friends, Arlene. Baylor is one beautiful child!

Latane Barton said...

Arlene, pictures help to keep memories alive. So frame away... and hang them all over the place. What a beautiful young man you have there!!

Debby said...

He is a beautiful little guy. I am finding it hard to put things on the wall in our new place.

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies thank you for all your sweet words this morning. I need them!! Thankful for encouraging friends. Debby, it is hard to figure out those kinds of things isn't it? I think I have finally made up my mind. When I first moved to this house I had a decorator come for one morning and "fluff" my house. She gave me ideas on where to put things etc. It was definitely worth the money to me.

Terri D said...

That truly is a beautiful photo of your precious Baylor! I love your stitching project and envy those who have the patience for such tedious-to-me crafting. It will be a work of art and please don't forget to share it with us when you are done! The photos look great in their new frames. I used to have all the family pictures in our hallway. Joe (loveingly) called it the "Hall of Horrors"...silly boy (since his image was hanging there too!). Now we have them all on a photo frame that plays all the time, on a bookshelf in the living room. Keep us posted when you decide where the grands are going!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri that sounds like something my own dear one would say. I need to look into a digital frame...it would be a good investment.

Heather said...

I love having pictures of family. We have a lot of pictures of our nieces and nephews and from our wedding in our bedroom. They make me smile when I see them!

Sandy said...

I love that picture of Baylor. It is hard to find enough wall space, but those pictures in the okra patch were too cute not to have out.

Arlene Grimm said...

Heather, they make me smile too! Sandy, I think they are going in the guest room...but that could change.lol

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Having family photos framed and hung adds so much to a home. And I hope you had a nice day out. It's was gorgeous here today but I stayed inside and cleaned house. Someone has to do it...lol! Hugs!

Mari said...

Your framed photos look so nice! I love the sweet picture of Baylor too.
Your cross stitch is going to be a treasure!

Linda said...

I love everything about this post!!! Your photos are beautiful and you will enjoy looking at them! Your photo of Baylor is frame worthy, too!!! That's how to get something done! One project at a time!!!
I fixed up a sewing project for counted cross stitch and will be stitching as we travel down to the coast tomorrow - my sisters and I. I think your piece is so cherry!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, that photo of Baylor just about made me cry, so precious. Linda, thank you!! Please share your finished project. I saw a bit of it on your blog. Have fun with your sisters.