Followers

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Celebrating Baby Jeffy


Our main reason for visiting Memphis over the weekend was a celebration for our great nephew, Jeff Jr, who will be born in April.  My niece, Sarah Grimm Curry, and her sister in laws, Mary, Jessica and Meredith threw a shower for Sarah and Jeff Grimm.  Now that we have two Sarah's in the family it gets confusing. Lanier calls her Sarah, Sarah Lanier to keep the names straight. One of the Sis in Law's said she did not know why it was so confusing as Sarah Lanier has been a Curry for so many years now. I replied that she will always be Sarah Grimm to me.lol  Our Sarah says she is the original Sarah Grimm and Sarah Stimson Grimm is the real Sarah Grimm.


A lovely table greeted guests in the dining room.


Coffee punch in Lanier's silver punch bowl. If you have not had coffee punch you are missing out!! This beautiful punch bowl has been in Lanier's family since the 1800's. Lanier shared that her mom's family in Mississippi did bury their silver to keep the Yankees from taking it!  So glad they managed to save the silver for future generations.


The hostesses...Mary Grimm, Jessica Grimm, Sarah Grimm Curry and Meredith Grimm.  These girls are all very close and even have a texting circle.


If you have seen the movie, The Blind Side, you are familiar with the Tuohy family of Memphis. Their daughter owns a cookie store and these cookies came from her business. Aren't they cute?


Lanier and her lovely mother, Dorothy Barry. Or as we all call her, Dot Dot.  She is a true southern lady. She arrived in her hat and fur coat! If you notice, Lanier, her mom and I all had on the same slacks from Matilda Jane.  I told Lanier the shower looked like a trunk show for MJ because she had sold so many family members clothing from this line.


The mommy! Sarah and Jeff are so excited( and a little scared, Jeff shared) to be parents.


 All my lovely nieces.


Lanier gets a big LL BEAN bag for all of her grands when they are born. And she fills it with many nice gifts. The little outfits on the right were Jeff's Feltman brothers suits. The elastic had worn out after 30 something years so Lanier found a seamstress to put in new elastic so Jeff Jr could wear these sweet clothes.


The grandmothers...it will be Kitty's first grandchild and Lanier's 13th!!!


Sarah with her grandmother and Jeff's grandmother. She has rich sources of advice from these two ladies.


Lanier and I wearing our Matilda Jane outfits. I had a black shell and she had a gray shell. We did not want to look JUST alike.:)


What is a shower without lots of gifts? Sarah and Jeff received many lovely and practical gifts for Jeff William Grimm Jr.

Family events are always a time for making memories and I enjoyed getting to visit and talk with my nieces who I seldom see. It was a great weekend all around.

Off to have a donut this morning!! I am giving up sweets for Lent this year. I am also keeping a Lenten devotion book to keep me on target in Prayer and Almsgiving.  Even though I am a Protestant I do Lenten devotions with Bishop Robert Barron at Word on Fire.  I always learn something new from his devotions.  Have a blessed day friends.

7 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

What a beautiful shower! I love all the little blues of this and that! What a treasure to have the great grandmother there! A true gift!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

You could serve day-old water in that punch bowl and it would taste divine! Absolutely beautiful! The entire party was precious and I know everyone had a great time!

Arlene Grimm said...

Bonnie, it was so much fun!! These girls are wonderful hostesses. Leslie Anne, you are right. But that coffee punch was yummy. I could leave all the food alone and slurp that stuff down.lol

Sandy said...

Everything looked lovely and it is always fun to be with family. That punch bowl is divine. Wow is all I can say for that silver!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, Lee and Lanier are such gracious hosts...we have a blast there.

doodles n daydreams said...

What a wonderful day. I love catching p with the family as well, it's always a fun time.

Diana

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Diana...family is so important. We are trying to keep our family ties intact as we know it would have pleased Mama and Papa G.