Followers

Monday, February 29, 2016

I Agree


One last book post! After all our talk about books, I saw this pop up on my Facebook feed. I agree Dr. Seuss.

I took some time to get out my Easter Books for the grands.


I just love all the colors of Easter. These are cheery books. My favorite book for my grands is The Story of Easter for Children. Told in verse form, it is one that I read to my own children when they were young.  This book tells the story of the crucifixion but it also explains many Easter customs and the meaning behind them.  Of course Baylor's favorite book is Max and Ruby! Landon enjoys Thomas and all of the grands like the Berenstain Bears.  I hope to have some photos of my Easter decor up by the end of the week.

Don't forget tomorrow's giveaway. Open to readers in the continental USA, leave a comment and come back on Wednesday morning to see who won!!

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's the first thing my son said when he walked into my house...look at all your books! I LOVE books! Did I enter your giveaway? Oh my...I better go look! Sweet hugs, Diane

Sandy said...

I agree with Dr. Seuss completely. You can tell a book lover when they walk into my home, because their eyes go to the books scanning titles. I filled my classroom with books and changed areas out in my room frequently sort of like my book mobile days of elementary school.

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, be sure and come back tomorrow and leave a comment on my give a way post. Sandy, I often read books in school when I was bored. I would put a smaller book inside my text book. I am not saying I was a brainiac but I would get bored with I "got" the concept and the teacher went on and on explaining it.lol I loved the Book Mobile....do they still have those anymore? I may have to google that.:)

Debby said...

I love Max and Ruby. We have a Max and almost had a Ruby. I thought it would be fun. So we got an Elliana instead.

Arlene Grimm said...

Our Baylor loves Max and Ruby and his service dog will be Ruby!!

Terri D said...

I love that you have books for the kids, for every season. Just awesome.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I have a collection of Easter books too, although at this point, there's no one at my house who will read them. But just wait . . . in about five or so years . . . could it be? Yikes! That's a frightening and beautiful thought all in one!
Love your books!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri and Leslie Anne, I just use the grands as an excuse to purchase childrens books. Leslie Anne, they are not kidding when they call them GRAND children but you are too young to be a Nana yet!!

Gina said...

Arlene, what cute children's Easter books! Who will enjoy them more? You as you read to them or them as they listen? :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

It would be a toss up Gina!!:))

Mari said...

I love the Dr Seuss quote! If my Heather sees this post, she would totally agree.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, Dr Suess got this one right for sure.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You have such a nice collection of Easter books Arlene and perfect for the grandchildren to look at too! Hope you have a nice day and enjoy the rest of the week.
Julie xo

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

I love doing holiday books! Kane has the Berenstain Bears one. The Easter Story one would be a good addition for us.

Arlene Grimm said...

Julie and Tif I am always on the look out for new seasonal books!