Followers

Friday, February 26, 2016

Silly Old Bear


I am in the process of reading Winnie the Pooh by A A Milne.....not the Disney version but the original book.  I became curious about this book by watching the Brit Com, As Time Goes By. Lionel Hardcastle is often pictured in bed at the end of the day reading Winnie the Pooh. "I am really just looking at the pictures." he says to his wife, Jean.

I have to say Mr Milne's work is charming and would be a good read aloud book for older children. I am reading a chapter each night before I go to sleep and I have to say I have laughed out loud and I have been touched by these sweet characters.  It is a good way to wind down at the end of the day.

I am off to MOPs today. It is Mentor Panel day and that is always one that makes me a bit nervous. The young moms write down questions on a piece of paper and we have to answer off the cuff. I want to answer them honestly but in an encouraging manner. And let me tell you , they are not scared to ask the hard questions.  Many are about family relationships and mother in laws come up quite a bit. If I could give them any advice in this area, it would be to remember that one day you will be a mother in law yourself and your view point will be quite different.  I had a wonderful mother in law but I look back and realize that sometimes I was quite the pain!!

Don't forget my blog give away on Tuesday, March 1st!! This one is very cute and I am sure everyone will want to enter!  Have a great day Ladies.

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, it sounds like fun reading! I hope you have a nice day and weekend.
Hugs Julie

Cranberry Morning said...

I love the AA Milne books and used to read them to our kids. They're such fun books to read aloud...And you're right, not the Disney version.

Tina said...

I remember reading these to my boys when they were little and we all loved them! I'd love to go back and revisit them now and agree they would make happy, peaceful bedtime reading! Have a wonderful weekend!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies. Winnie the Pooh is the perfect bedtime story.:) I had a fun morning with my MOPs. We always have such fun.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

This is so weird . . . just this morning, I met some friends for brunch (too lazy to make it breakfast) and one of them mentioned how she loved reading this version of Winnie the Pooh to her children! I love As Time Goes By and never realized that's what was being read in bed! What a small world.

Have fun at MOPS and also hope you have a great weekend.

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, Marvin and I say we are secretly Jean and Lionel. :) I can see why Lionel likes to read AA Milne. I remember that his pet name for Jean was Pooh because she liked honey!

Terri D said...

I was blessed with two wonderful mothers-in-law. Really blessed. Winnie is a wise bear. Wishing you a great weekend!