Followers

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Stream

Congratulations to JUDY at Cranberry Morning! She will be sporting some pretty red gloves this month! Judy if you would email me your snail mail address at agrimm55@hotmail.com. Yes, I am old school....still using hotmail. But it has served me well over the years and I see no reason to change. My MOPs moms laugh every time I give one of them my email address. 

We were asked to be alert to the weather yesterday due to the threat of tornados. Kendall and Landon were released from school early because of the watch.  Fortunately we only had wind and rain. However I am hearing that straight line winds did do some damage at one of our Priceville mini marts.  Tornados are truly a part of life here so we try to keep calm and carry on.

How many of you are Instagram users? I am on Instagram as nanaland55. Since I am technically challenged I am unsure of how to add the link to my blog so I will just share that tidbit here. I am friends with a few of my fellow bloggers and I love seeing what they are up to every day. According to Instagram etiquette, you should only post one photo per day! I am learning all sorts of things in my old age.

I finished up my Easter cross stitch and I am on to a summer piece.  Thanks to all my cross stitching bloggers, I have been inspired to create more pieces. My Easter piece will be made into a bolster pillow, hopefully. My friend, Deborah, has offered me the use of her sewing machine to complete the project. First I have to go to Hobby Lobby to choose some fabric and piping. It has been a while since I have sewn a pillow so hoping it all comes back to me. 

For all of you who are Downton Abbey fans, what did you think of Sunday evenings episode? I am an old nurse and it almost made me sick. I knew Robert was going to have some sort of medical episode this season but oh my goodness.  While shopping in Target yesterday I saw that Season six is in the stores for purchase. I am going to wait until Downton finishes airing on PBS before I buy my dvd for my collection.  I am really going to miss this series! And I just received my order of Sisters from Amazon. I got Seasons one and two. I loved this show about four sisters when it aired in the 90s. Patricia Kalember who played Georgie was my favorite sister.  I am going to try to watch one episode per day to make it last. And who knows? I hope I like it as much 20 years later. 

I am still at work in my closet, trying to tidy and toss. I read an article about the famous Japanese book on Tidying. ( if it is so famous why can't I remember the title?) Apparently you are to keep only things that bring you joy.  And you should fold your socks so they can rest when they are not being worn! And thank the pieces for their service before you toss them or give them away.
I have a sweet friend who shared that she rotated her shirts in high school so that the shirts felt she loved them all equally!! I am not ready to start treating my clothes as though they have feelings.:)

Well I have a whole day at home to work in my house. I hope I do not give in to the call of my cross stitch and Sisters DVD.  I know myself much to well...it will be a temptation! Have a great day friends.





12 comments:

Sandy said...

I have not given into the trend of KonMari yet either. I like tidy and organized, but I am not willing to go as far as some of the stuff I have read out there.
Glad y'all came on the weather side ok. I thought about you several times.
Enjoy your day at home. I am trying to do the same thing as well. Gotta stay focused.

Terri D said...

I just joined Instagram and know nothing about Instagram etiquette. I don't post often, but have posted two photos at a time. Oops!! I'll look you up. I am terridorsaneo. Glad the tornadoes passed you by! Some got hit badly.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, thank you for knowing the name. I was too lazy to google it this morning. I just finished cleaning out my walk in closet. Sadly, it seems to be a clutter magnet. I am feeling much better now! I am giving some things away and I tossed a good many items as well. Terri, I just started following you!! I seldom post every day but I like to see what all my friends are up to at their homes.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Downton Abbey and will miss it so much. We'll watch the DVDs over and over again. And yes, that was disgusting! EEEE! I'll go look at the Sisters series. We need something new to watch. We bought season one of When Calls the Heart and it's good too. The first season was on sale at a good price. Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

It was hard to walk past the 6th season and not purchase it...but I will hold firm until it ends on PBS

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

That scene in Downton made me SQUEEEEEL!!! EEEEEE!!!! - like that. Wow! It was a blend of Jane Austin meets Carrie! My own husband got sick yesterday, and he NEVER gets sick. I said, "Please don't pull a Lord Grantham on me!

doodles n daydreams said...

Congratulations to Judy, she's one lucky lady. I have to admit I rotate my towels and my underwear, not because they have feelings but because I like them all to be used and washed and therefore reasonably fresh all the time.

Diana

Mari said...

Congratulations to Judy and thanks to you for doing the giveaway.
I'm so oldschool that I didn't know having hot mail was old school! I use it too. :) I also don't know about KonMari...
That scene in Downton got me too! I sure will miss that show.

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, I hope your hubby is on the mend today and I agree, NO LORD GRANTHAM episodes!! Poor Cora...that blood spatter all over her face and yet she managed to get her fur coat to wear to the ER. Diana, I do try to do that as well just for practicality. I just bet you do not talk to them though.:) Mari, I am glad I have fellow old schoolers in my circle!!

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

To add your blog link on Instagram, go to your homepage that shows all of your pictures. Click the 3 little dots in a vertical line in the top right of the page. Then go down to Edit Profile. Type your blog address in the 3rd blank down and that should do it.

PS--I hate tornados.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks so much Tif...will try that!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene,
I too and a big DA fan and will miss it terribly. I felt so bad with what had happened to Robert and enjoyed the show. I too need to organize different parts of my house. I hope you have a nice day and weekend.
Julie xo