Followers

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Don't Be A Mean Girl

 Do you like Kendall's minion shirt? It says YOU CAN SIT WITH US.  Amelia is pretty particular about dressing Kendall in a cute way for school each morning. So when Kendall saw this tee and wanted it, Amelia really did not want to buy it for her. It was kind of ugly in Amelia's opinion.The message of the shirt was a good one so Mommy relented.

I think we all remember some mean girls who would not let us sit with them or play with them on the playground. Kids can be very mean and girls in particular.  Kendall has a very sweet heart and I hope she will always be the girl who says," Hey, come and sit with me."

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Arlene, that is so true about the mean girls and it can go all the into adulthood too. Your granddaughter looks like she will always be the nice girl. I hope you have a wonderful day. :0)

Sandy said...

That is quite sweet. She has a big heart. I was at a council meeting last night where they give a monthly citizenship award. The girl was so sweet from Hubby's school. She was a military child, so she always tried to note the new kids or the kids who were sitting alone and go and speak to them. She knew what it was like to be the new kid. She was so sweet in her little acceptance talk. We need more of those kids with big hearts and to notice them.

Arlene Grimm said...

I love to hear those kinds of stories Sandy. Kendall related to me the other day that she had been sharing her snack with a girl who did not bring one to school for snack time. I told Kendall that I would put some extra snacks in her bag from now on. I am proud of her loving heart.

Arlene Grimm said...

Julie, you are right....i have run across some mean girls in my time, many who are old enough to know better which makes me think that is their true nature.

Mrs.T said...

Kendall is so sweet. I have several nice granddaughters, but my 12-year-old one is so similar in nature to Kendall. She is kind to everyone and quick to reach out.

And yes, as noted by you and Julie, meanness can carry into adulthood too ... might as well call them mean "girls" even as adults because they have not actually matured. May our granddaughters always be the nice girls!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mre T...isn't it nice to have sweet granddaughters. Margaret is also very caring and has reached out to others who are different at her school, including one little boy with Autism who thinks Margaret is just wonderful.

Terri D said...

Lovely.