Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

God Bless Mothers

I have one more post today about Baylor. But really it is a post about Katy, his mama. She shared this post on Facebook on Baylor's birthday and I took a screen shot of it on my phone so I could share it here.

I know that in our family we think Autism is just about the worst thing that could have happened to us. But in reality there are families I know who have a child struggling with cancer and chronic diseases. When a new baby is born into a family, you have no idea what road you may take with that sweet little one. But one thing I have learned, God will be with you and the love you have for that child will prevail no matter the circumstance. Katy writes so beautifully in her post of her love for her boy. Her days are hard. She is up early, she must be super vigilant all day long and she does not get a day off. Therapy, school and the needs of her other two children take up much of her time. So here is to the moms ( and dads) who walk a long and lonely road. I am so proud of Katy and Ben and all they do for our Baylor Man.

13 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful...love straight from a mother's heart. I know you are thankful when you read something like this and blessed to have such a loving and caring daughter and sweet grands. Sweet hugs, Diane

Debby said...

She wrote a beautiful tribute for his birthday. You are so supportive.
I am personally experiencing Autism. My son's girlfriend has a son that has Autism . He will be 11 soon. He is such a nice boy. I worry about his future.
Hugs

Terri D said...

She said it all so beautifully! Baylor is a lucky boy to have all of you in his life! I love seeing the photos and hearing about your grands!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful! Autism is a hard road for parents. We have friends in our small group at church that have a son the age between my two, so 24. He is still at home. A delightful child and so intelligent, but he just can't be on his own. You are right...they never get a day off. Praying for him that he becomes verbal.

Jazzmin said...

This is simply beautiful, both Katy's words and yours you've shared. Many prayers for Baylor and his parents and your family. How blessed this precious boy is to have the love and determination of his family to pray for and help him and treasure who he is.

Hugs and blessings!
Jazzmin

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you dear friends. Your prayers for Baylor are precious to our family.

Mildred said...

Karen had a special needs child and I know how much we loved him and treasured each milestone he accomplished in his short life. It was a pleasure for me to "meet" Katy thru fb and emails in Dec. and I so admire her dedication and patience. As hard as her days are, I've never seen her without that bright smile on her beautiful face. God bless Baylor, Ruby and each of you. xo

Heather said...

Such beautiful words!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a beautiful heart of a loving Mother. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you so much sweet ladies. I am very proud of the good mom that Katy is!!

Mari said...

That post is just beautiful and says it all.

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

So beautiful and touching. Thanks for sharing this. Happy birthday to Baylor!!!

Tif
www.brightonabudget.com

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Mari and Tif....I have told Katy she ought to write a book, she is so good at capturing thoughts and ideas.