Followers

Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Easter

Here in the corner of my kitchen, I have a pretty Easter display. I loved all the cards I received this year. And the tulips that I purchased at Publix on Saturday are still looking pretty good! I just love pink tulips. I may have to go by there today to get some new ones.  The big Easter Egg is filled with mini Cadbury eggs per Kendall's request. I was late in buying the candy this year and Kendall reminded me that it is an Easter Tradition to have candy in the EGG.

Last night, Marvin and I attended the Maundy Thursday service at our church, First Bible of Decatur. As Marvin and I finished preparing the communion, ( He is the deacon in charge of Communion so I always help him out.) I stood in the sanctuary and snapped this photograph with my phone. I love the big window as a background for the cross. And a portion of Isaiah 53 was displayed on the screen at that moment.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter weekend. I will not be posting until Monday allowing for time to reflect on this holiday. We will be traveling to Birmingham tomorrow to celebrate Baylor's 5th birthday.  You will be seeing Pictures on Monday! Sunday it will just be me and Marvin for Easter dinner but I am planning a nice meal to be enjoyed after our Easter service at church.  And as we say at our church on Easter Sunday, He is RISEN...He is RISEN INDEED!

13 comments:

Heather said...

I love tulips. They are my favorite flower! Happy birthday to Baylor! Have fun celebrating. Have a great Easter!

Sandy said...

Happy Easter to you. Enjoy your weekend.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I missed the Maundy Thursday service at our church, but we have a Good Friday service I hope to attend today. So glad you were able to participate and know the joy of Easter! Happy Celebration to you!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends

Terri D said...

Arlene, we say that in our church too. Wishing you and Marvin a blessed Easter weekend, and I'll look forward to photos on Monday!

doodles n daydreams said...

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend. We also say 'He is risen...He is risen indeed' at our church.

Diana

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, I pray you all have a blessed Easter. You are such special blessings in my life. Thanks for taking the time to visit Nanaland.

Rian said...

I too love tulips! Especially the pink ones! Your *Easter corner* looks great. Our kids came over yesterday evening for a pre-Easter dinner. Sent home the Easter baskets with them as Sunday will be birthday time for our 9 yr old grandson. Happy Birthday to Baylor and Happy Easter to you!

Gina said...

Arlene, a beautiful Easter vignette. I too absolutely love tulips - so delicate and lovely.

A Blessed Easter to you my friend. ♥

Mildred said...

Easter blessings to you and Marvin. I look forward to seeing photos of Baylor's birthday!

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina and Mildred, I hope each of you sweet ladies had a lovely Resurrection Sunday.

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

Arlene, I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I took Kane to church on Sunday and he actually listened for once!!! And thank you for the sweet Easter card--it truly brightened my day and was so thoughtful. I really appreciate it. It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, and the last one has been particularly stressful, so I'm just now catching up on everything.

Arlene Grimm said...

Hope things are settling down for you this week Tif!!