Followers

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I Don't Call it Nanaland for Nuthin!!

This morning I will be a braggy Nana and post some pictures of my grands. It is hard to believe that Kendall will be ten in April.  She is growing in every way. I love her enthusiasm for life, her love of learning and her compassion for others.

These two can be pretty silly. And Kendall can really move a hula hoop too.

Landon and Margaret spending the night at Nana's. These two have been best friends all their lives. Only a year apart in age, they see life from the same viewpoint. Right before I snapped this picture, Margaret had her arm around Landon's shoulders...and he let her keep it there.

Baylor found a soft place to rest with Aunt Mimi.( Amelia's nick name since Margaret could not say Amelia when she was little) This big boy will be five tomorrow.  While we did not invite Autism into our lives, it paid us a call. And if I could wave a magic wand and make it go away, I surely would. I have to say that Baylor's autism has changed our family. It has made us more patient, loving and empathetic to others on the spectrum.  I thank God for this brave little boy who struggles each day to live in a world that is louder, brighter and scarier than it is for my other grands.

Only at Nana's can you find a little ice cream cone that fits little hands. God sent us Elliott because he brings laughter with him wherever he goes.

 I had to share this one of Audrey and my mother. It is so precious.  Audrey loves her Grandma!!


Not a grand, but my only niece on my side of the family...Laura is special to me. Sorry it is a bit blurry but I had to snap it on the spur of the moment!!

I am thankful to be a Nana...



9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's a blessing to have those little ones and see them grow up. I enjoyed the photos on the farm too! How nice to get outside and learn about animals and nature. Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Sandy said...

Sweet family. I can't wait to be in your shoes.

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, they are blessings indeed. My sis in law, Lanier, just had her 12th grandchild and they are all under seven!! Sandy, it is good you are taking care of your energy issues now!! After carrying 19# Audrey up and down the stairs this week I have determined I really need to lose 20 more pounds!!

Barbara said...

Yes, our grandchildren are a blessing... our reward.

Terri D said...

How absolutely adorable are all of your grands!! Love the photos of smiling faces full of love and joy! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

Very special blessings, and I know they feel the same about you!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Gina said...

Arlene, what a sweet post. I love seeing all the grands. Poor little Baylor looks sleepy. Elliot is certainly enjoying that ice cream!

Mari said...

They certainly are a blessing! I loved seeing each of your grands and reading about them.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you friends for indulging me in my Nana Post!!