Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2016

MOPs Moms Night Out

Our MOPs group plans Moms Night Out about once a month. I go every now and then but not all the time because I want the young moms to develop friendships among themselves.  This month our MNO was painting a Door Hanger at Hartselle Parks and Recreation.  We all had a great time and most of us want to go back and paint next month. Held on the first Thursday of each month, ladies register in advance for this class, Hartselle Parks and Rec provide the hangers and the paint. They even shellac it for you before you leave. They offer three different door hangers each month so you register in advance so they can cut out the needed shapes. At a cost of only $15 I think it is a bargain.

First you sign in and pick up your shape. Some ladies had purchased more than one hanger!! They are serious about painting.


Here is our group. That is my Amelia on the left, she joined us for the evening.


Here is my almost finished project. I have something else to add so I will show it to you when I am finished. My friend, Stephanie, finished hers at home as well so I will post our finished projects next week.

There were some very serious painters there...later I found out they had used Pinterest to get their ideas!! I am squirreling that little nugget away!! There were prototypes at the painting class and you could copy their ideas or you could do whatever you wanted to so. We had a choice of a bunny, shamrock or cross. I had a cross so I chose a shamrock to add to my decorative stash.


This cross was my favorite. A mother daughter duo came up with the best ideas of the evening.( It will say PRAY on the bigger circles. Her daughter was doing the lettering when I asked to take a picture.) Both crosses were pinterest inspired they admitted!!

Here is the daughter's cross...


I wish I had gotten their names to credit them with their wonderful work.

And here is yet another idea, also Pinterest inspired.


And lastly, a shamrock that was out of the ordinary...


The Gaelic says Welcome, more or less. The artist told me the exact words but I forget!:)

And I think I will paint a turtle next month....


I chose to forgo the Bow! I am a minimalist in many ways! I think I may just have a new addiction!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun outing! They all looked great. That turtle is adorable!

Arlene Grimm said...

I am looking forward to it Heather I will probably just follow their template on this one!!

Terri D said...

WOW - great price for some great fun! Love the cut-outs and lovely ideas. Who cares where the inspiration comes from!

Sandy said...

I love your shamrock. My daughter would have loved this outing as well.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I really enjoyed the fellowship and just talking to all the other "artists". I am not above stealing an idea!lol Thanks Sandy!! Next time we may take Kendall along and we will have a three generations table.

Mari said...

What a fun night! I love all the creativity!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, I think the MOPs moms really enjoyed doing something creative. Several of us plan to do this regularly.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, love your shamrock! What fun! Did it take long for them to dry?

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R, they had several hair dryers there to help speed things along. I hope to finish mine tomorrow and I will share the results on Tuesday or Wednesday.