Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Progress

Thanks to my cousin, Steve, for his bulldozer work and thanks to sister, Kristi for her photography skills, which allow me to share a bit of progress on our little cabin.


Our cabin will be sitting at the bottom of this hill, right by the pond, just as Marvin dreamed of it.


We will have a view of the pasture where Bruce's cattle graze.


If you walk up the hill you will be at the Aunt Hill where Kristi and Leta live.


Another view. Now we have to get an acre surveyed so that it can be rezoned residential so our property lines will be the correct distance from the house.

I have to say that I am getting a bit excited!

So far Miss Audrey is doing well. We facetimed with mom and dad and she just waved at them...she was so excited. And she did not cry for them as I was afraid she would. She is a sweet and easy baby. You will be seeing some pix of her this week as well.

Please pray for Ben and Katy as the closing on the town house was moved to Wednesday of this week. The sale is not in peril, just some paper work and things that must be done.  Katy wanted me to give yall a report on Ruby. She said the trainer is very pleased with Ruby. When her basic obedience is done, she will go home to get used to the Grimm Family Routine and the trainer will come and work with them.  Katy asked for prayer for the trainer, Derek. His wife was just diagnosed with a serious disease that will require a bone marrow transplant.  They are newlyweds and this has hit them hard.

Well time to read a bit before bed! I think my bedtime will be moved up this week!!

9 comments:

Debby said...

The property looks like a beautiful place for a home. Will you live there year around.
Prayers for the trainers wife.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for those prayers for that sweet young wife Debby. Our little cabin will just be a get a way. It is going to be under 1000 sq ft and we plan to have no cable or internet. ( Of course i can go and use my sisters internet if necessary!!). It is going to be an R and R place.

Linda said...

I am so excited FOR you!!! I will be looking forward to sharing your joy as we see this dream turn into reality!!
And I was thinking about you today! I knew you were going to get the baby. Are the other grands still with you as well?

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, we just have Audrey this week. I slept better last night. I keep listening for her even though Charles and Nancy brought the video monitor. How did we raise children without all these gadgets?

Terri D said...

Prayers for Derek and his wife. How tragic! Your cabin site looks terrific! I'm excited to see the build start and love that you are sharing it with us! Glad to hear Ruby is doing well with her training!! Keep us posted on the closing! So much going on!! Have a good week, Arlene! Thanks for the Easter card!!

Heather said...

That cabin site looks perfect! A perfect little spot to get away to. Prayers for Derek and his wife. Health issues are never easy, but especially when they are serious.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the prayers for the Boland family! Heather you are right...in sickness and in health takes on a new meaning. Terri, I am glad it got there! I knew I had to get them out before Audrey arrived!!

Gina said...

Arlene, a cottage by the pond - perfect! I'm so excited for you. The photographs look like your new home will be quiet and serene.

Hurray for Audrey and hurray for Ruby! I'll say a prayer for Derek and his wife.

And thank you for the Easter card! I hope to mail mine out later this week. ♥

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina, I am beginning to get excited again! It seems to be one step forward and two steps back so I have not allowed myself to dwell on it too much! Thankfully we are not in a hurry. Thank you for praying for the Boland family. Such a trial so early in their marriage. I look forward to getting my card to add to the others!!