Followers

Monday, March 21, 2016

Sleeping In

Well it is quiet here in Grimmland this morning. I am thankful for a hardworking husband who takes such good care of me that I was still in the bed asleep when he left for work this morning. I admit it, I was exhausted. It seemed the minute I handed Audrey off to her parents, I was slammed with an upset tummy and aches and pains. I think my body was just telling me, you need to let me rest a bit!! So I gave in to it!  And  I awoke feeling much better.

Of course, I have to tell you about a quip my grandson, Landon, threw at me on Friday evening. We took Landon and Audrey to Cracker Barrel for dinner. As we were leaving, Marvin was teasing Landon, telling him that we would just leave him at Cracker Barrel. "Can you wash dishes?" Grandpa asked.  "Sure" replied Landon, " I could make some money!"  Nana sees a teachable moment and chimes in, " Landon, that is a great attitude. Lots of people now days do not want to work hard." Without skipping a beat, Landon responds, "Is that why you don't have a job, Nana?"  Marvin and I just died laughing and Landon said, "Did I say something funny?"  Grandpa really enjoyed that one, so much so that he posted it on his Facebook page.

And now it is Holy Week. I have to admit that I have not kept my Lent without failure this year. And that reminds me that I am frail and weak and in need of a Savior who is NOT.  We will be having  a Maundy Thursday service at our church this week. Then Easter Sunday, which is always a glorious service.   Nature is putting on a show for us here in NoAla. The flowers and trees are beautiful, the dogwoods are just opening up and it all reminds me of New Life, the perfect message for Holy Week.


8 comments:

Sandy said...

Hope you get your much needed rest today. You were like the male mallard that I saw on Saturday morning. You will understand after you read my post today.
Country magazine used to do a section called "Out of the Mouths of Babes." I think Landon's story would be perfect for that.

Terri D said...

I'm happy to learn you got some much needed rest! Landon needs to understand how much work stay-at-home moms and grandmoms actually do!! Cute observation from him and could be another teachable moment!! :)

Easter is early this year, but is coming at a good time with all the flowers beginning to bloom! It will be a lovely Easter Day, I'm sure!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you feel lots better now too! And what a cute thing to say. My granddaughter asked me what I do when she was here...and she's a teenager! I started listing everything I do. I should have just laughed it off! Sweet hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

yes Ladies, many people think we lay on the sofa, watch tv and eat bonbons!! I am feeling much better this afternoon. Terri, I LOVE my Bunny card! He is the cutest.

Gina said...

Arlene, out of the mouths of babes! Too adorable! I hope that you are feeling more rested today. I can absolutely relate to being totally exhausted after time with the grandchildren! {{HUGS}}

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina, I did NOTHING today and I feel much better!!

Mari said...

Landon sounds like a hoot, I love that! Hope you are feeling much better tomorrow.

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh Mari, he is quite the character.