Followers

Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Fling

Well even though the calendar says March, we have had some cold weather. As I set out for Cracker Barrel yesterday for breakfast with the girls, it was sleeting. My hometown in north Georgia actually had some snow!  Speaking of Cracker Barrel, we had a nice pancake breakfast and part of the proceeds from Mama's Pancake Breakfast went to support our military! So that was a win win for sure. I love Cracker Barrel. I did not purchase anything from the store but I did stop at Target and picked up a few things for the grands that will be put away for Easter.

I have my spring decor on display. Once a month some ladies from my church come to my home for a book study. Yesterday one of my friends said that I keep her up on what season it is as I always have some sort of seasonal decor displayed in my home. She loved my little lamb.

So here goes the tour. If you have been reading Nanaland for a while, you have probably seen most of it before but I tried to make everything a big different this year.


I love these bunnies that I found at TJ Maxx years ago. And my cute spring plates came from there as well.


I decorated my china cabinet this year.  The cards you see displayed are from a collection I have saved. My dear blog friend, Gina, has been sending me homemade cards and I have kept them as they were so pretty. She is a talented lady for sure.


A close up!


The ceramic eggs in the egg cups ( from Cracker Barrel several years ago) were made for my three children by their aunt Mina. They are over 25 years old so they are antiques now. The tea pot was made in China and given to me by my son, Charles, who taught English over there for four years. The tiny  lamb belonged to my husband as a child so it is REALLY an antique.


This pretty cross was taken from my cross wall to use here for the Easter Season. My friend, Kathleen, made it for me.


My cross wall....I have a coptic cross that I plan to add this week. My friend Susan gave it to me to wear as a piece of jewelry but I think I will add it to the wall. It will be a neat addition.


More bling....


You saw my big bunny the other day but here is my little bunny. I think he was a TJ Maxx purchase as well. I just love the expression on his face.


The little lamb...and an old picture of the Grimms in the background.  This little fellow came from Pier One.


My door hanger...it is more lime green than it appears in the photo.


A little nest with Easter eggs...it is on my secretary along with more family photos.

It is looking as if it will just be me and Marvin for Easter Dinner this year, but we will see.  It is Day 24 of Lent and I have so far resisted all desserts and candy.  It sure is hard but hopefully I am building some spiritual muscles and a more disciplined heart!

15 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

The weather is crazy here Arlene, as it is snowing today. We have about an inch of snow. I love your Easter decorations and you have inspired me to take mine out and decorate my mantel. Enjoy the day and weekend.
Julie xo

Tina said...

Your Easter decorations are wonderful and I especially love the eggs and grass on your light fixture! And your cross wall is lovely too! I'm inspired by your Lenten resolution, that would sure be a tough one for me! Have a wonderful weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your sweet bunnies and that beautiful crochet cross. You have a beautiful home and it's nice that you open it up to share with your friends and family. That's good to give up desserts. I can't eat sugar so I don't eat desserts very often. I put all fruit jam on a roll and call it dessert! Enjoy your day! Pick me up the next time you go to Target! lol Hugs!

Heather said...

So cute. I love that you change things up for the seasons and all the holidays. So fun!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the sweet words Friends. I really enjoy making my home cozy!! I am a big kid at heart!!

Sandy said...

I love that sweet little lamb of Marvin's and that bunny on the dining table is simply the cutest! Everything is wonderful and I am sure those grandkids will remember that Nana always had seasonal decorations out. I always thought it was just the school teacher in me, but I see these days it is not the case at all.
It is cold here today as well. The sun is just now coming out. Reminders it is just not spring yet, but we are so close.
Good for you on your giving up your sweets. Wait to you hear what happened to me with the thing I ate that I shouldn't have.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Sandy, that little old timey lamb is a favorite of mine. It is a bit cool here today as well but I plan to get out and walk in a bit.

Linda said...

Your spring decor is so pretty! I wish I could visit in person and see it all! It really IS spring here in Texas! The French door is open behind me as I write and I can hear the doves cooing.
I am decorating for spring too. I usually have a big Family Dinner either on Good Friday or Easter Sunday. I told LD I am just too tired this year. But now that it's getting closer - how hard could it be? Cooking a sit down dinner for 17 people?? Maybe I will change my mind - or not! I might wait and see if any one says anything.....

doodles n daydreams said...

Your Easter decorations are lovely. That lamb is so cute.
Yes it is still summer here. I waiting for the temps to drop at the end of the month, they drop suddenly, or have the last couple of years, an overnight change. So autumn is not far away.

Diana

Rian said...

The things we collect and display each have their own story... how we came to have them or who gave them to us and why. I love hearing these stories and enjoy dusting these little beauties as it's like a trip down memory lane.

And Easter is such a beautiful season... love the pastels! And baby lambs and bunnies, etc.

Mari said...

I'm impressed by all that decorating. It looks great! I love that you have the old lamb from Marvin's youth.

Arlene Grimm said...

You ladies are so sweet, I got behind in answering as we have Missions Conference at our church right now and I am involved in that. Linda, you come on over to Alabama, see your sister and me!! Diana I hope you get some pretty days before the colder weather arrives. Rian, I try to remind my children which pieces are special so they will not sell them in a yard sale when I am gone.:) Mari, I just love that little lamb. I try to take good care of him, that is why he is in the china cabinet so the grands little hands are not tempted to touch!!

Jenny Bonds said...

The only season I decorate inside for is Christmas, so I'm very impressed! I also have a small lamb that was mine as a child; probably everyone who was born in the 50's has the same one...your mom got flowers in it at the hospital. You have a lot of energy in your charming home. I'm sure it's appreciated by your family. My Mama was the entertainer, with the cloth tablecloths and china, silver and centerpieces. If there was a holiday she could have folks over for, it was done. Special desserts appeared at the end in depression glass. Being a single mom, kind of half a family, I didn't carry on the tradition and so it has been lost. I still have all the accoutrements she used, possibly I could start new traditions. I applaud you for yours. Good job Arlene!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Jenny! My memories of your mom are of a gracious Southern Lady. I remember staying in your mom when we took state boards! And every time your mom came to visit you, she would always get us a cake from the Rich's tea room. That was posh to this North GA mountain girl!! Maybe when you retire, you can carry on those traditions. If I worked I am sure I would not have the time or energy to do anything! My hat is off to all you sweet nurses who work so hard. Mari, from Michigan, is a nurse at a geriatric facility and she and I have become friends through blogging. Once you are a nurse, you are always a nurse! I keep telling myself that!

Terri D said...

I always love your seasonal decorations! Beautiful!