Followers

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Luck of the Irish

I have some Northern Ireland roots so I decided a shamrock door hanger would be a good thing to have on hand.  I finally finished my shamrock project from last Thursday.


I hung it upstairs in my craft room so you can see it a bit better. Sorry for the shadows but the light upstairs is bright.

My MOPs friend, Stephanie completed her shamrock as well and I just loved it so I want to share it too. She improvised on a style we saw at the painting class.


I really like this style and I may have to try something like this in the future. Of course I would be OCD about where I put all the colors!!lol

Today is day 28 of Lent and I have been able to resist temptation so far but I am telling you, no candy or dessert is very hard for a sweets lover like me. I am already planning a trip to Krispy Kreme when Lent is over!! I also received my first Easter card on Saturday. It was from my sweet high school friend, Sharon.  I have purchased my cards and I need to get busy addressing them. I also received Audrey's Easter Basket from Pottery Barn Kids. I purchase an Easter basket for each grand and I like Pottery Barn because the liners can be personalized. I will share it with you soon. The weather here is very spring like, in the 70s yesterday! But it seems we always get a blast of cold air on Easter Sunday making us bundle up over our pastel Easter dresses.

Have a Blessed Day dear blog friends.

11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! I love fun projects like that. Enjoy your day! Eat some sweet fruit! heehee! Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh Diane, I do not know how you make it as I know you do not eat sugar!! Apples, Bananas and Oranges just do not do it for me. Pineapple and Strawberries are a little better.

Sandy said...

I love your shamrock. It turned out adorable.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Sandy!!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I LOVE your shamrock. So beautiful! Will you paint something else next?

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R, next month is a cute little turtle....Kendall wants to join us next time!

Mari said...

I love your shamrock!
Good for you for not eating sweets or dessert. I would have a hard time, but it would be good for me. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mari!! I do not think it is helping me much to say no to desserts because it makes me eat salty things instead!!lol

Mrs.T said...

Your shamrock is so pretty, Arlene. Nice and festively green, yet still elegantly simple. Great design!

Terri D said...

Love your shamrock and your friend's!! A great project!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Terri and Mrs T...I had fun doing it!