Followers

Friday, April 15, 2016

Baylor Update

Thank you so much for praying for Baylor! He is NOT allergic to Ruby but to Oak Trees and Grass. And as my smart blog friend, Leslie Anne, suggested, Ruby was bringing the pollen in on her fur. So Baylor is on an allergy med that he will need to take during the spring and summer and it is in granule form so Katy can sneak it inside his nutella sandwich treat. Giving Baylor meds is not pleasant for anyone!

And another praise, regarding the Geminii speech program that Katy implemented with Baylor. They are seeing lots of progress in his speech.  While Baylor is not totally non verbal, he cannot carry on a conversation and it is hard to know what he wants and needs. Katy said she found him in the kitchen the other day looking in the cabinet for food. She asked what he wanted and he looked and her and said, Choose? Choose Bread. Now this may seem like a baby step to most of you but it is a big step for Baylor Man.  Katy told me that the video modeling of Geminii  taught him about choosing. And by bread, he meant a sandwich.   Keep those prayers going up Friends!!

Katy also told me that they got their fence installed yesterday...another answer to prayer! The sale of their townhouse freed up some money to help make their home environment much safer for Baylor.  My heart is full of praise this morning!  Thanks to all of you who are on the Autism journey with the Grimms. Katy knows that there are many who pray and she will often text me to get the prayer warriors praying! We know where our Help comes from!!

12 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww that is great to hear about Baylor! I will keep him in my prayers. Wishing you a wonderful Friday and weekend. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Julie, it is a load off of our minds!!

Mildred said...

I am thankful to the Lord for these answered prayers. I remember Baylor and Katy in my prayers daily. Thanks to you and Katy for sharing the good news. God bless your weekend.

Nonnie said...

How wonderful to hear how God is working in this sweet child's life. Thank you for sharing the good news and praising God.

Sandy said...

I am so happy to hear all of this. My heart rejoices with you. I am indeed praying for him and will continue to do so.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

It's been so long since I've been called "smart" without "-y pants" added! So happy the way this blog world works and double happy for sweet Baylor and Ruby! Friends forever!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, knowing you are praying for my family makes the burden easier! I cannot thank you enough! And Leslie Anne your sensible advice really kept me from turning into Chicken Little, which I can do in a nanosecond.

Gina said...

I am so glad that little Baylor is not allergic to Ruby! And I hope that the fence deters anymore escapes!

Terri D said...

I love hearing about answered prayers! Mine continue for Baylor and the family's needs.

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina and Terri, we were doing a happy dance at our house that Baylor can have Ruby as his protector.

Barbara said...

Good things happening for Baylor. Great news.

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

Such an awesome update all-around! I'm so glad to hear this.

Tif
www.brightonabudget.com