Followers

Friday, April 22, 2016

Daddy Daughter Date

Katy posted this photo earlier today. Ben and Margaret are going out for a date. Daddy even brought her flowers.  Katy said Marg chose her own "most beautiful clothes".  This girl is a  hoot and a half. I cannot wait to see her tomorrow!!

I am posting tonight as we will be leaving early in the morning. The market is open from 9 to 12 so we must get up and get on the road to get there on time. I hope to post some pictures on Tuesday as Kendall's birthday is on Monday so I will be sharing some pictures of my big girl on her special day.

I am closing out my day by watching Easter Parade on Turner Classic Movies. Marvin is upstairs in the man cave! I have to say that I am really enjoying all the beautiful costumes and music. Judy Garland and Fred Astaire make a wonderful couple. I have always enjoyed Mr Astaire but I know that in this day and age he would never be a leading man! A young Peter Lawford plays Johnny and he has all the makings of a leading man but Fred Astaire wins the girl!!


9 comments:

Linda said...

I will be looking forward to the photos to come!!! I need to watch a couple of classic movies! On my drive home from Fort Worth today, I listened to a radio station that was playing old Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong songs. I loved it!!
The most beautiful clothes are truly MOST BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, Margaret has been her own little person from the moment she was born. Apparently her tennis shoes light up so that makes them special and beautiful!:) I love the music of the 40s even though it was before I was born. While we were in Las Vegas last year we saw Frank, the show. The Sinatra imitator was so good!! And many of the men from Frank's old band made an appearance on stage. Looking forward to checking out this market I hear so much about!!

Mildred said...

Love this photo of Margaret and her Dad. Have a fun day.

Gina said...

Arlene, Margaret is a doll! What a sweet idea to have a date! I love Easter Parade! I think Fred Astaire would still make a nice leading man. ♥

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred, Margaret reported that she had a nice time with Daddy. Gina, I love all the old movies...beautiful clothes, nice manners, just a more refined time I suppose.

Terri D said...

Margaret looks ready for a fun time with her daddy! She is so darn cute! I LOVE Fred Astaire movies and Easter Parade is one of the best.

Mari said...

That is so cute! I know they had fun.
Hope you have good day tomorrow!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Terri and Mari!! I love to see Ben teaching Margaret how a gentleman treats a lady!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet! I know you are just like me...so proud of our kids and grands! They just keep surprising us over the years! Hugs!