Followers

Friday, April 29, 2016

Friend Day

Susan and I had a fun day strolling around Athens, Alabama. The weather was perfect and as I had not been to Athens in a while, I was amazed at all the new stores there.  We started off our time in Athens eating lunch at Clarks. It is a family owned restaurant located in an out of the way area but the food was delish. I got my meal, drink and dessert for $10.  And not far from the interstate was a Russell Stover Candy Store...it is really an outlet with great prices and I had to hold myself back here or I could have done a lot of damage! Put it this way, I do not want to walk 50,000 steps in one day to make up for my transgressions!!

I am helping with a wedding shower and I have been on the look out for a Thank You goodie to give out to our guests as they leave. I found these yummy things at a very reasonable cost! I will put them in cute little brown paper bags that I have already purchased. Oh Well, you will be seeing pictures of the shower later in the month!!

And I have to share that I was carrying my new summer bag on it's first outing...

It is perfect! I had been eying this bag on the Spartina website and I got to see it in person when my fellow MOPs mentor, Deanna, was carrying this exact bag! So I am copying Deanna!!  You all know I love Dooney and Bourke bags but they are so heavy! This Spartina Haig Point Bucket Bag was very comfortable to carry over my shoulder while walking and shopping.

Oh and I might have brought home a few pieces of Russell Stover candy! Doesn't everyone have a fruit and candy bowl???

I found these old spools at Bargain Jungle. I will probably take them to the little house as north Georgia is known for its carpets and textiles. Several of my family members have worked in these industries. Right now I have them on my breakfast bar with a candle on top! I also picked up a display easel for some of my needlework. And yes, I did get some discounted Easter Eggs at Russell Stover. I gave one to Marvin andI kept one for myself. The Coffee Big Bite is mine also. I have it hidden away for a nibble when I need one!!

My favorite purchase of the day was this cute flag...
I found it at Trinity's Gift Shop on the square.  Sweet tea makes life grand people!! While I was paying for my flag I happened to see some free samples at the register...
Vera Bradley perfume...I have not tried it yet but hey, I like free samples.

It is always fun to spend a day with a friend and I have the best ones!!

9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You found lots of neat things and the bag sure is beautiful! How fun to have the same tastes as a friend. Maybe she'll let you borrow hers! haha! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

Linda said...

What a great time you had!!!
Love the bag! I remember how much you love purses. I'm a bag lady myself. Just bags!
I am intrigued with the name of the perfume sampler!!!
Happy Weekend, Arlene!!!!!

Terri D said...

I love your blogs about your friend days! Would loved to have been with you! Such fun and great finds!! Thanks for sharing!

Terri D said...

PS...love the purse!!

Sandy said...

I love those Spartina bags for the lightweight reason. You get the little dressier look of leather, but the linen makes them lighter to tote. Great choice.
Sounds like a fun day. I need to do that myself one day.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great day out! Those Russel Stover candies look fantastic! I could go for one right about now!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments. I just got home from Mops and took time to post them all!! Heather they do have sugar free chocolates at the store. My friend, Susan, highly recommends them. Linda, I thought the same thing about that name, now that's different as they say in Minnesota!!:) Sandy, I may be switching allegiances...I love it. Diane and Terri...friend days are my favorite day of the week! Even if it is just a quick lunch, these ladies are such an encouragement to me.

Mari said...

What a fun day! I really like those spools, and your purse is awesome! I'm just a bit jealous!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, i am a PURSE Girl....I am always on the look out for a pretty one!!