Followers

Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy Birthday Kendall

This was Kendall's two year old birthday...she did not want us to sing to her. Uncle Ben stepped into the doorway to keep her from escaping.

Ever stylish thanks to her mommy!

Oh how we fought cutting that hair but it looked so cute on her!

Then she got glasses.  She looked so grown up!

Awards at the end of second grade.

Heading home from the beach with Nana and Grandpa...

And here she is rocking the Matilda Jane top that Aunt Lanny sent to her. New glasses and just a step away from looking like a teenager!

Kendall celebrated her birthday with a molten lava cake from Chilis.

What can I say about this young lady? She is my first grandchild so I did a lot of learning on her. I found out that she has many of the Grimm traits...strong willed, smart and funny. But she is also a very kind and caring child who does not want to see anyone excluded. She has persevered at softball and is coming along.  She reminds me so much of Marvin at times that I just have to laugh. She and her Grandpa take after Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory.  Both tend to think they know it all and will correct any errors in a heartbeat. One day Kendall corrected Grandpa and I told him, "Now you know how I feel!"  She has had some hard times in her life but she has come through with shining colors. I love this girl who had my heart the minute I held her for the first time. My birthday wish for Kendall is that she would love the Lord and serve Him all the days of her life.

9 comments:

Mrs.T said...

What a wonderful birthday wish for a sweet young lady! That would be my desire for my grandchildren as well. And that cake looks soooo good!

Sandy said...

She is adorable in her new Matilda Jane top. She is very lucky to have a grandma who loves her so much. I can tell she is the queen of your heart as it should be.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KENDALL. May all your dreams come true. Wishing you a year of blessings.
Marion and Family

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to your lovely young lady!! She is so beautiful and is so blessed to have you as her grandmother!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the sweet felicitations. I will pass them on to Kendall.

Susan Graben said...

Can't believe the child has grown up so fast.....or I have grown old so quickly....

Barbara said...

The first grandchildren are special in a way that can't be repeated. But each and every one of them can be absolutely remarkable and make our heart soar.

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to Kendyll! She is growing up too fast!

Gina said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Kendall! I love the glasses and her sweet outfits! I recognize that Lava Cake from Chilis!