Followers

Monday, April 11, 2016

My Husband and His Killer Flow

The other day while we were setting up for the Ladies Conference, my sweet friend, Mandy, came up to me. "I just have to tell you this story, Arlene." She said with a smile.

Apparently the new rage in hair styles with teen age boys is The Flow. It is the hairstyle where you comb your hair straight back...rather like the 50s and early 60s.  Mandy's son has been working on his flow for ages, trying to train his hair to be combed back from his forehead. Well said son was working with the chair ministry at church, which my husband heads up. He was looking around the room at the men and he informed his dad, "That man over there has a KILLER Flow!" It was Marvin! So he is pleased to know that he is finally in style! And even rather envied by the teenage boys at church!!

And here he is...Killer Flow in tact in spite of Audrey's hair pulling!!

16 comments:

Heather said...

I had no idea that The Flow was a hairstyle now. Marvin is rocking that look!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! Both of them! heehee! Hugs!

Mrs.T said...

How funny! Just goes to show you everything comes back in style eventually! Cute picture.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes, what is old is new again!!

Mildred said...

Always nice to receive a compliment. Love the last photo especially.

Barbara said...

Hahaha. Don't you love it. We forget that teenage boys can have fashion statements in clothes and hair.

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh yes....it seems everyone is worried about their appearance in these days of selfies Barbara!:)

Nonnie said...

I didn't know about the flow either and my husband has it going, too. I think it's much better than the Mohawk.

Arlene Grimm said...

It is good to be a style icon for the younger generation Nonnie.:) It was a big encouragement to my 65 year old hubby.

Gina said...

Arlene, that is hilarious! My dad had hair like that. My husband has really short hair. I think he'd love to have a gorgeous flow like your husband! ♥

Sandy said...

This made me laugh out loud. I needed it today too.
the latest trend down here is young girls with silver hair. I just want to shout to them to enjoy their natural color while they can. It will come soon enough. I have embraced my hair, but really as a teen and in your early 20's.

Mari said...

I love it! My hubby would be happy to have some hair to comb in any direction. :)

Susan Graben said...

I envy Marvin his Killer Flow too! Wish he could transplant some....color is even right!

Linda said...

He really DOES!!!! Handsome man you have there!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

I told Marvin that he was getting lots of comments on the blog!! Sandy, I have noted the silver hair trend here as well. My hair dresser told me I was in style.lol Gina and Mari and Susan, I tell him all the time how fortunate he is to have a head full of hair. It has gotten thinner as he has gotten older. And Linda, thank you...I thought so 40 years ago when I nabbed him!!

Terri D said...

Well, your Marvin has beautiful hair....and a killer flow! LOL Love that.