Followers

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Our Ladies Conference

First Bible Church of Decatur has been my home church for almost 20 years now. Our women's ministry is W3, Women Walking Worthy.  Three years ago the leaders of our congregation decided the womens ministry needed a shot in the arm and W3 was born. I have to say that it has really made a difference in the relationships between the ladies of FBC. Our Bible Studies, Titus Ladies Group, Widows Group and the new Ladies Sunday School Class have been life changers.  The W3 leadership decided our Ladies Conference would be held at the church this year, eliminating the expense of hotel and travel for the attendees. Child care was also provided by our trusted FBC caregivers.  If you wanted to attend Anchored, every barrier was removed!  Here are photos of the event, some were borrowed from our church website.

WE worked hard on Friday afternoon to get all the tables decorated as well as the speakers podium. This sweet lady is Ella, who came up with the color scheme and decorations. Every church needs an Ella!

Centerpieces were given away as door prizes at the Saturday session. You all know I have a cross wall and sweet Ella made sure I took home an extra cross! It is hanging on my wall now and will remind me of our Anchored Conference.

Sorting the name tags...I really enjoyed working with this organized group of ladies. You can see our Goodie Bags in the background. They were filled with some fun items emblazoned with W3. And one of our sweet helpers saw how wrinkled this tablecloth was and ironed it so everything would look its best!
We had 135 ladies in attendance for Anchored.

By 3 pm all was done!  I am a very organized person and I was impressed with how quickly and efficiently we all worked together. I wonder if we were all camels( competent personalities in a popular personality test).


My friend, Rosemary, and me manning the check in table.


This sweet mother daughter duo took orders for the pretty tee shirts.


Everyone loved the color and the Bible verse.

Our speaker, Sheila West, along with some of the W3 leaders.

 It was quite a sight to see so many ladies fellowshipping together.

Our W3 chairman, Dianne, welcomed everyone to the event.

And we had an all girl worship team to lead us in Song.

I think we can all use a little dose of HOPE in the world we live in today! Times of spiritual refreshment are important to all believers.

9 comments:

Heather said...

It looks like it was an amazing event and I am sure that all the ladies went home filled with hope!

Sandy said...

That looks like it was an amazing time. Every detail is so cute and a great idea to do something local. It is hard to talk yourself into a weekend away even when you need it.

Barbara said...

Looks like an amazing event. The shirts are a so cute. Perfect memory for a great event.

Mrs.T said...

What a meaningful theme, Arlene! Sounds like a very encouraging time.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies, I loved being a part of it!!

Terri D said...

I love the tshirts and the tables look great!

Mari said...

Everything looks so nice! It's wonderful that you had such a big group of women worshiping together.

Nonnie said...

Looks like a wonderful conference and I really like the tee-shirts. I sing on our ladies worship team. Wish we had someone to play guitar or piano as we used to. It's great when we all work together to make it happen.

Arlene Grimm said...

The tees were definitely a hit with the ladies Terri and Nonnie, we are blessed with so many musical people at our church! Mari, I was afraid Ball Season might impact our numbers but it did not. They will have to work hard to make next years conference better!!