Followers

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Priceville and the Plains

Saturday was opening day for the ball teams here in Priceville. Kendall and Landon are both playing ball this spring.

Here is Miss Kendall, a part of the Priceville Explosion. I love their colors this year!!

I have to brag on this girlie. When she started out with softball two years ago, she was not the best of players and frankly, had it been me, I would have quit! But she kept on playing and learning and this year she is coming into her own!

Landon had his first games on Saturday as well, then his team traveled down to the Plains, better known as Auburn University, to see the Auburn baseball team play a game. While we are Alabama fans, I am glad that he got the chance to visit a university campus and to get a look at the big boys playing!

Landon with his dad, Nick, and his step mom, Tara.

One day he might be playing ball for Auburn!

Number one...well we Alabama fans will let them have their dreams.:)

It is Thursday so I am off to Cracker Barrel for breakfast with the besties. I look forward to looking around the store and getting some decor ideas for spring. I have to admit that I took out two of my Summer items and displayed them! Since Easter was so early, it leaves quite a gap between now and Memorial Day weekend which I feel is the start of summer. And by the way, where has this year gone to already???? Before you know it we will be decorating for fall.

13 comments:

Mari said...

Cute pictures! I love the one with the Tiger mascot.
Yes - the year is flying by for sure!
You asked about the recipe I posted. I think you could do it with peach jam, just add extra jam and skip the peaches. You could do it with blueberries or strawberries too!

Heather said...

Great pictures! I love watching baseball. At the Scott household we are big Tigers fans. Since we don't have a tv to watch the game, we listen to it on the radio. Just like the good ol' days :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for stopping by Ladies. I am not a sports nut but I can pass for one for my grands. And Mari, I will try peaches!!

Sandy said...

I think I will enjoy baseball a ton more with grandkids. I used to love baseball, but Hubby coached all of my son's teams and it is pretty intense down here. I came to loathe parents and the games before we finished. We always did well, but some were just too intense for me.
My son was really good, but he wouldn't play in middle or high school because of our Little League stuff around these parts. I think he later was sorry he didn't play.
I am glad though that you are enjoying it!!!!
And those pictures of Landon in Auburn were spectacular to me:)

Mildred said...

I love seeing your grands in their uniforms. Yes, this year is going fast.

Terri D said...

I love the photos! The kids are growing up so fast! It will be fun hearing about their teams and successes so please share!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you had a wonderful day! I love the summer season best so I don't want to rush through Spring and summer too fast! lol But you are right...time FLIES! Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends! Play Ball!!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Don't rush fall! This year really is flying by, but I love summer, so I'm looking forward to some hot days at the beach! College baseball games are so fun. I know your little ones had a blast.

Arlene Grimm said...

I am looking forward to Gulf Shores too Leslie Anne! But I think it must be true the older you get the faster time speeds by! This year is just going too fast!

Karen said...

The kids are adorable and looks like they're have a great time! Enjoy the weekend!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Karen!!

Karen said...

I am glad the kids are having a great time playing ball, enjoying this spring weather. Thanks for the suggestion of the Morrison Trio. I listened to several of their songs. They do a great job. One of my favorite memories is singing in a girls trio at our church.