Followers

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Retro Fashion

The Sixties called and they want their shoes back!! Well Kendall's Converse High Tops are nothing like the ones that were popular with the BOYS in the 60s. My sweet husband still has a white pair that he wore playing basketball in high school. Maybe Landon will be able to wear them one day!!

Kendall had her heart set on Zebra Print shoes for her birthday and Amazon obliged. However it took them two weeks to get here so I am assuming they came all the way from China. Kendall plans to take out the black laces and replace them with hot pink!  Then they will match her YODA BEST shirt. When I posted this pic on FB, several people loved her shirt. She is my quirky little grand.

Amelia has a pair of black low top Converse and I am seeing these iconic shoes everywhere these days. I think I will pass as they do not come with orthotics. Maybe Converse should look into that as all us children of the 60s might buy a pair for old times sake.

It is Friend Day. Susan and I are headed to Athens, Alabama. It is just up the road and we plan to swan around the square, shopping! Lunch will be at Clarks.  Deborah will not be joining us as she is on a trip with her husband and grandson. We decided to let her go!:) After almost 20 years of friend day we get pretty serious about not missing a Thursday.  Have a blessed day Bloggy Friends.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the zebra print. I have a 26 year old that still loves zebra print.
I am with you on the Converse shoes though and the orthotics. I had red and pink ones in my youth and I think they are so cute, but I have learned that comfort is far more important in shoes than looks. I remember thinking my grandma wore the ugliest shoes. I now totally understand. At least we have some cuter choices than my grandma did.

Terri D said...

I love your idea for "friend day"!! When I finally get retired (yes!), I will definitely look into getting something like that started with a couple of my friends. What fun!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Hope you had better weather for your friend day than we did here. Rain-rain, but then again, I think you ladies could have a good time no matter what the weather!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, I agree. Granny shoes are not the best look!!:)Terri you are going to love retirement and more time with the girls. Leslie Anne we had the perfect day!! I have not been to Athens in years and it is quite changed!! Lots of cute shops.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The shoes are adorable...or cool or neat or whatever they say! heehee! And she looks like a sweet girl with a beautiful smile! Hope you had a fun day! Hugs, Diane

Mari said...

Cute shoes! I like the idea of pink laces.
I didn't know about friend day. I like your plan for the da and I bet you had fun!

Linda said...

I used to wear cute and quirky shoes but not any more!!! I can't even stand up in heels much less WALK in them!!! Your grands are adorable and I love that they are what you call Quirky!!!! Who in their right mind would want to be average??? They have style and zest and are destined to have a FUN life!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda I am glad that my kiddos have their own unique personalities. You are right...average is boring.lol

Heather said...

Love the shoes! Not a design I would wear, but they certainly have some flair!