Followers

Friday, April 8, 2016

Secure

I am posting late tonight because I have to get up early to help with our ladies conference at FBC. The theme is Anchored.  Our ships can be secure because we are Anchored in Christ. 

When our children were little, their favorite Bible story was the one where Jesus calmed the storm. "Hush up Rain, Quiet Down Wind", our son, Ben would paraphrase the command of Jesus. I could not help but think of of his little voice saying those words when I took this photo last week.

 We were under a tornado warning when I took this photo of Elliott and Margaret. In fact the sirens were going off and that did not even wake them. Grandpa and I were monitoring the situation and ready to run with these babies to our tornado closet if we needed to do so.  Ben had called to check on all of us but mainly on his two precious ones who were away from home.  These two were sleeping soundly knowing that Grandpa and Nana were keeping watch during the storm. 

How I need to remember that I have ONE who is watching over me in the storms of life. The ONE who is the never failing Anchor.   I am so thankful that He is watching over us and I need to remember that I can lay my head down at night and sleep because He has the night watch.  

10 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

Aren't we so blessed to have that Achor?
This is a lovely photo of the little ones, I love seeing kids sleeping, they look fresh and innocent.

Diana

doodles n daydreams said...

Whoops - Anchor :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes, wouldn't it be lovely to sleep that soundly Diana? I am too often fretting during the late night hours I needed that little sermon for myself!!

Sandy said...

Hope you have a great day with your women's conference. It is great how you are such a mentor.
That tornado stuff is scary and I think with every new home built in north Alabama there should be basements. It is the Oklahoma with tornadoes. I think it has always been bad, but we get more coverage these days.

Arlene Grimm said...

I am home and POOPED Sandy. I still need some more fit bit steps and I am trying to convince myself to get up and get them before I put on my jammies. Since we are in the middle unit of our town homes, we are supposed to be the best protected. We had a big inner closet that we plan to use if we ever need to take shelter.

Mari said...

That is the sweetest picture and an even better lesson!

Karen said...

Peace in the midst of a storm. That is a beautiful picture of the children resting.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, i need this picture in my heart to teach me to rest in my Savior. I have always been a worrier. I am getting a bit better but still often lay awake at night picturing the worst case scenario. Karen, you always encourage me with the scriptures and songs you post on your blog!!

Terri D said...

It is so comforting to have faith in our Lord. He handles so much for us if we will just let Him!!

Gina said...

Arlene, no tornados here so far. I am glad that you all are safe and sound. Resting in God's everlasting arms is the only place to be.