Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sunny Days

I am almost finished with my latest Prairie Schooler Project! I have loved using these sunny colors and all the summer motifs have been such fun to stitch. Thanks to Marlene, owner of Cross Stitch Peddler, who showed me this distressed fabric that looks antiqued! It really gives the piece some character.

Off to breakfast with my friend, Diane. We have not been able to catch up lately so I look forward to some time with her. Then it is grocery day and ironing day. Saturday we plan to head to Birmingham for Pepper Place Market with the Hoova Grimms. We wanted to check out this open air market before it gets too hot.  And of course I can see all my little Grimmlins so that is just a bonus.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend! Have fun!

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see your finished piece. It looks like a good one. Have a great weekend!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Let us know how you like the Pepper Place Market. I've always wanted to see it!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Heather, I hope to have some pictures to post on Monday.

Arlene Grimm said...

If I can keep up with the grands and take pictures at the same time, I will post some. I have heard it is amazing.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, I have one more motif and I will be done. I spent last night picking out some backstitching that was wrong. Such a pain but so necessary for the completed project to look nice. Hoping to get it to the framer on Monday.

Mildred said...

Wishing you a very enjoyable weekend.

I love the cross stitch project.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred, I hope you and John have a great one as well.

Mari said...

You make me miss cross stitching!
Sounds like you will have a great weekend. Our little ones are here now - and are both in bed sleeping!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari, I do not know how you accomplish everything you do!! Cross stitch really keeps me sane some days!!

Gina said...

Grimmlin visits are what makes the day! Love your patriotic cross stitch!

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina, we had a great day with the grands.