Followers

Friday, April 8, 2016

Turtles for Two


Last night Amelia and I enjoyed another evening of painting at the Hartselle Parks and Rec. This month featured turtles! You could also do a watering can filled with flowers or a birdie. Amelia and I chose turtles. Amelia plans to add an orange R to the shell of her turtle.  I followed the pattern that was on display but added some of my own touches. As I am very particular about edges matching up and being even, I had to put a pearl necklace on my turtle where the lime green met the darker green.  Amelia had the ladies add a bow to her turtle while I prefer plain. After a night in the garage allowing the poly fumes to dissipate I will hang Miss Tara Turtle( that is the name I gave her!) on my front door for spring.

Next month we can choose from a hot air balloon, a happy camper or a pair of sunglasses. I am going to do the hot air balloon as Decatur is known for its Balloon Fest over the Memorial Day weekend. Amelia wants to do the cool shades so we are planning to make this a monthly mother daughter date!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Those are great. You are quite talented Arlene! My daughter would absolutely love this.

Cranberry Morning said...

That sounds like so much fun! Like your turtle. :-))

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Pearls on a turtle? I'm in love! Is this the Hartselle Community Center that has the swimming pool close to Sparkman Park? I played there in the summers when I would visit my grandparents. Such a nice area, and I'm glad you had a "snappy" good time. (get it? snappy - turtle?) Oh, dear.

Heather said...

I love your turtles! They both turned out so cute!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you friends...Yes Leslie Anne, it is the same place. You should see their swimming pool now. They re did it several years ago and it is GREAT. I took my children there when they were little and they loved the water slide which looks puny now compared to the new fancy pool. They have the painting classes in the gym. I wish you all could come and paint with us!!

Mildred said...

These are adorable and what a fun project to enjoy together!

Mari said...

YOu are becoming quite artsy! I love your turtle and what a fun thing to do together!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred and Mari. Amelia and I really enjoy our time painting together.

Terri D said...

How fun for both of you! That turtle is going to look great on your door! My mom and I took a painting class together (years ago) and it is still one of my best memories! Keep us posted on these great projects!