Followers

Friday, May 13, 2016

A Grandmother's Heart

I think most of you know my blog is called Nanaland for a reason! I love being a Nana and my grands bring me so much joy as all of you who are grandparents can attest I am sure.  I try to keep my blog as a fun and happy place for you to visit each day.  Today I am sharing something that is sad and prayer warriors are needed so I am coming to you today to ask that you intercede for this precious girl.

Kayleigh is the granddaughter of some of our sweet friends. For a while, her pediatrician thought she had a super sinus infection. But one of her eyes started drooping and he ordered an MRI. Kayleigh has a 5 cm mass on her brain stem. She was sent directly to St Jude's in Memphis on Wednesday.  The news from the physicians there was not good. The mass has twined itself around her brain stem and surgery is not an option. They will try radiation along with some experimental chemotherapy that has shown progress in treating this aggressive type of tumor.  Today is Kayleigh's 7th birthday...she will be having a high resolution MRI today to get a better picture of what is going on in her brain.  Her parents, grandparents and great grandparents are strong Believers. They have asked for help from the Great Physician in this case.  Please join many people around the world who are praying for Kayleigh.

As a grandparent, my heart aches for Kayleigh's nana, Beth and her grandpa, Bill.  They are caring for Kayleigh's older siblings, Grace and Cole. They are trying to be upbeat and positive so Grace and Cole can have peace while their parents and sister are in Memphis.  Thank you all for being a community that cares. I know I can share this here and more prayer warriors will be praying for Kayleigh.

14 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing. I believe in prayer and will definitely add her to my prayer time as well as the family.

Tina said...

Oh my goodness that is heartbreaking. Praying for Kayleigh and the whole family!


Linda said...

I will keep Kayleigh in my prayers. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you both so much!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Tina it is heart breaking...thanks for lifting Kayleigh up.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing. Kayleigh will be in our prayers.
Marion and family

Linda said...

I shall pray for Kayleigh! And for all the family.
Thank you for sharing this with us.....

Karen said...

This is so sad. I will lift Kayleigh and her family up in prayer. Thank you for sharing this.

doodles n daydreams said...

I will share this on our prayer chain. The Great Physician is in charge!

Diana

Terri D said...

Almighty Father, we humbly ask Your loving mercy and compassion for Kayleigh. Guide the hands and enlighten the minds of the physicians treating her. May her grandparents, Beth and Bill, and all the family be assured of Your presence at all times giving them comfort when suffering, courage when fearful, patience in difficult times and hope when they feel down. Heavenly Father, if it is Your holy will grant healing to Kayleigh. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

Arlene Grimm said...

what a blessing your words of encouragement are dear friends. Kayleigh's mom says they can really feel the prayers. If you would like to be more aware of current prayer requests, there is a facebook page Prayers for Kayleigh.

Mari said...

Oh my - I have another blog friend whose grandson was also diagnosed recently with a brain tumor. It is so very sad. Praying!

Victoria Stankus said...

What a scary things for the parents and little Kayleigh to go through. Here is my prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, I come to you right now to lift up Kayleigh and her family to you. This is so hard for them all to be going through, but I ask that you will give them all the wisdom they need to make the best decisions, and the strength they need to make it through this. We, of course, ask for successful treatments for Kayleigh. Help her to be able to endure the side effects. I know it is not easy. Please bless her and her family in a mighty way, and use this awful situation to bring them all closer to You. We love you and thank you for always listening to our prayers. Amen.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for your prayers Ladies. The family is holding up well for now...but I know they are still in shock. Prayers will carry them along.