Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A New Cozy

One of my favorite things is a cozy mystery to curl up with on a rainy afternoon. I came across this book, Murder on the Hour at our library. Set in the Welsh village of Llanelen, these mysteries feature Penny Brannigan, co owner of the local spa.  In this particular cozy, the Welsh version of Antiques Roadshow comes to the village. Of course everyone hopes they have a hidden fortune in their belongings.  And there are some very treasured antiques found in the homes of the most modest people. But on the afternoon of the road show, Catrin Bellis is killed in her front room. Why? The quilt that she took to be evaluated had just a modest value. But since the quilt is missing, one has to wonder if it was more valuable than 300 euros.

Of course after I had been reading for a while, I began to think there were other books in this series. And I am reading number seven! But I will track down those earlier books and I will also be looking forward to future books in this series.


4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've been reading lots of mysteries lately. When I read a novel now...I think it's dull! lol I'll put this author on my reading list! I'm reading another Thomas Perry mystery right now. Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, i love a good mystery. So far I have not figured this one out!!

Gina said...

I wonder what secrets that quilt could tell..... Wow!

doodles n daydreams said...

Isn't it great finding an author or series you really enjoy? Sounds like the kind of thing I'd enjoy so will keep a lookout for it.

Diana