Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Pink Melon Surprise

I am posting this evening because I have my monthly breakfast date at Cracker Barrel tomorrow morning.

I had mentioned I had one final thing to add to my landscape reveal and here it is...

I painted my boring white G a pretty coral pink and I love it.

It was easy to do. I bought the acrylic paint at Hobby Lobby...pink melon was the name of the paint.  I took my paint over to the ribbon section and found a pretty plaid ribbon that is yellow, lime green and coral.  The paint and the ribbon was on sale so I got my supplies for about $3.

I took off the frayed burlap hanger, painted the G with three coats of paint and added the ribbon last. I have to say that I LOVE IT and I got 55 likes on Facebook so I guess I am not alone.:) Now I am wondering what color I will paint it for fall....maybe an eggplant?

So many people are afraid of color but I have always embraced a change. Paint is relatively cheap so if I do not like it, I can always repaint a project.  And now when people ask where my house is in a sea of townhomes, I can say, "The One with the PINK G."

11 comments:

Angie said...

I love it too! I love little pops of color
Enjoy your breakfast date!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Angie...it just says Summer to me.

Terri D said...

I loved it on FB and love it here too! I think it really pops! So cute! Great idea!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Terri!!

Sandy said...

Very nice! Really looks good.

Tina said...

I love the color combo, so perfect for summer! I would probably completely overthink something like this and you're absolutely right it's just paint and you can always paint over it if you don't like how it turns out. Have a great day!

Heather said...

I love it! Super cute!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Heather...I think it is super cute too!!

Victoria Stankus said...

Cute idea! I'll have to try and find an S for our front door. Where did you get yours?

Arlene Grimm said...

Tina, it is easy to overthing things isn't it? Victoria, I got this one at a local gift shop several years ago. I have seen some similar ones at Kirklands and Etsy also has some Wood Letter shops.

Mari said...

Cute, cute, cute!