Followers

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Amelia Wins!

Amelia and I had another Mother Daughter  painting night and I say Amelia won as her painting turned out cuter than mine. She was tickled when I told her that as she says she is not crafty.

Pardon the poor quality of the picture as the lighting was not the best.   I did a hot air balloon and Amelia did sunglasses for her pool area.  I had my turtle from last month hanging on my back door for a month so I took it down and put up my balloon. I had the turtle sitting on the back steps to go to my storage area upstairs.  Marvin comments on coming down stairs, "Did yall paint turtles tonight?" I informed him he opened the door with the turtle on it every day for a month!! Obviously it did not make an impact on him! Which can be a good thing as I can decorate how I wish with no comments from the peanut gallery! Next month we will be painting some summertime door hangers. I am doing a pitcher of sweet tea and Amelia is doing a bikini.  We really enjoy our mother daughter time together.

Here is another crafty project I worked on this week..

Some friends and I are hosting a wedding shower this weekend and these are the favors for the guests to take as they leave the party. I found this idea on pinterest but it looks so cute that even I am impressed with myself. I found the bags at Hobby Lobby on sale along with the clothes pins and miniature doilies.  Each bag holds a nice big bite candy from Russell Stover!  You will see pictures of the party next week.

I have to say I love this feature of my mac air...all my instagram photos go directly to my laptop without my downloading them. For this girl of the 60s, this feature is like magic to me! What will they think of next?

Off to do some shopping for teacher gifts. School will be out one week from today! How can that be possible?

9 comments:

Karen said...

I think you and your daughter are both winners and I know you enjoyed the time together!

Mrs.T said...

Oh, both are very cute but I agree the sunglasses win!

And those treat bags ... indeed, they are professional looking and very, very sweet. Great idea!

How funny about Marvin and the turtle on the steps. That sounds like something my hubby would do! He is pretty oblivious about decorating.

Arlene Grimm said...

Karen, Amelia we were both winners but I wanted those sunglasses!lol Mrs T, Amelia and I both had a laugh at Dad's expense. I will tell Amelia you liked the glasses. She always says she is not crafty but she has a great sense of colors that go together etc, a talent i do not have. I just steal ideas.lol

doodles n daydreams said...

Love your art work, I am not in the least arty so I love t see what others create. The goodie bags are really cute too, and simple. I think I could do that.

Diana

Mari said...

I think you are both craft! They turned out cute and what a bonus to have fun together. :)
I love your sweet treat bags too.

Arlene Grimm said...

Diana I am good at copying but not so good at coming up with original ideas so I am thankful for pinterest! Mari, time spent with daughters is time cherished for sure.

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

Love both of your paintings! You both did an awesome job!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Tif!!

Terri D said...

What fun that painting class must be! I love both of your projects and look forward to seeing your creations next time! Marvin's comment made me chuckle....men! Ha! Love the sweet treat bags. Great idea! My Android phone sends my photos right to my computer too. Love it (they also go to my Kindle).